Newsday: Emrick, McGuire & Olczyk Fond of Nassau Coliseum's History

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Not saying that these guys did that, but it wouldn't be surprising if people started coming out of the woodwork to say how much they're gonna miss the Coliseum even though they've been talking trash about it for years. Same thing happens when someone dies...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not saying that these guys did that, but it wouldn't be surprising if people started coming out of the woodwork to say how much they're gonna miss the Coliseum even though they've been talking trash about it for years. Same thing happens when someone dies...

The same thing would happen when any team moves out of a building they played in for decades. I'm sure there were plenty of people who waxed nostalgic about the LA Forum when the Kings moved over to Staples Center. People probably talked about Rogie Vachon, the Triple Crown Line and the Miracle On Manchester. I remember all the stuff on the last year the Flyers played in the Spectrum. I still have (somewhere in my attic) a pullout from the Philadelphia Inquirer about events that happened in the Spectrum. It's only natural.

You can trash the physical flaws of the Coliseum. You can't trash the memories.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
The same thing would happen when any team moves out of a building they played in for decades. I'm sure there were plenty of people who waxed nostalgic about the LA Forum when the Kings moved over to Staples Center. People probably talked about Rogie Vachon, the Triple Crown Line and the Miracle On Manchester. I remember all the stuff on the last year the Flyers played in the Spectrum. I still have (somewhere in my attic) a pullout from the Philadelphia Inquirer about events that happened in the Spectrum. It's only natural.

You can trash the physical flaws of the Coliseum. You can't trash the memories.

The memories of those great teams and great games should never be forgotten and always cherished. But I'll be gagging if I have to hear the Canadian media wax poetic over the physical charms of the Coliseum after they've **** on this arena and organization for almost 20 years.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The memories of those great teams and great games should never be forgotten and always cherished. But I'll be gagging if I have to hear the Canadian media wax poetic over the physical charms of the Coliseum after they've **** on this arena and organization for almost 20 years.

The Canadian media had to eat it back in the 1980's when the Isles were putting up banner after banner. But for the last 20 years they weren't wrong to trash the organization. We've been a bad joke since the 1990s.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Nice to see this. It's going to be nice when they talk about it during the national broadcasts to send off the place that housed a dynasty. Oh wait, we don't have any national games this year. :facepalm:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
The Canadian media had to eat it back in the 1980's when the Isles were putting up banner after banner. But for the last 20 years they weren't wrong to trash the organization. We've been a bad joke since the 1990s.

No doubt, but there is a difference in telling it like it is and piling on. They've been piling on for far too long.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
what ratchet size are the bolts for seats?

I'm waiting for the Anthony Sullivan commercial for Barclay's swivels.
StickyBuddysullyandlogo.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad