Empty Net vs PP

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
probably because on the PP the other team doesn't need to make a proper play to get the puck out they can just fire it out and down the ice, where as 6-5 that's still icing so they generally try to make a safe play to get it out and usually have to complete a pass or 2 to do so.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Leaf's don't seem very good at establishing a front of the net presence on the PP, and getting rebounds. 6 on 5 makes that easier.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
probably because on the PP the other team doesn't need to make a proper play to get the puck out they can just fire it out and down the ice, where as 6-5 that's still icing so they generally try to make a safe play to get it out and usually have to complete a pass or 2 to do so.

I'm sure that helps but the question remains about worst to first. One would presume if it is easier for us, it is easier for everyone else as well.

If we are simply easy to ice or clear against, you'd think some adaptations would be made.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Simple.

The Leafs are more confident having an empty net than they are with Reimer/Bernier between the pipes.:)

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I'm sure that helps but the question remains about worst to first. One would presume if it is easier for us, it is easier for everyone else as well.

If we are simply easy to ice or clear against, you'd think some adaptations would be made.

r we the best? I know we have the most goals but is that simply because we lose or losing the Majority of our games and therefore we get the most chances at it?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
r we the best? I know we have the most goals but is that simply because we lose or losing the Majority of our games and therefore we get the most chances at it?

This could be. I was trying to find the stat on NHL.com but not having any luck. Definitely true we'd have more opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00