CE2tQnb.png

Sucks they never gave Petterssen a shot in the NHL but hey, a center

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Damiani is a guy I liked from Dallas if we couldn't get Bourque

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I wasn't as high on Petterssen as others here, and he seemed to struggle over the past month.
Maybe he was upset that he never got a call up like so many others did?
Either way, I didn't think we'd re-sign him

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I wasn't as high on Petterssen as others here, and he seemed to struggle over the past month.
Maybe he was upset that he never got a call up like so many others did?
Either way, I didn't think we'd re-sign him

I wished he could have had a few games because the Flames was his childhood team, but if we can trade up, gotta do it.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020

CE2tQnb.png

Sucks they never gave Petterssen a shot in the NHL but hey, a center

He was a small player who’s draw was bringing offense to the table, who in his 4th AHL season had 30 points in 54 games. He didn’t really come close to earning a shot really.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He was a small player who’s draw was bringing offense to the table, who in his 4th AHL season had 30 points in 54 games. He didn’t really come close to earning a shot really.

Then why trade him for another small player bringing even less offense to the table?

Not really sure what the point of this was unless MEP asked to be traded. He's a smart responsible player who used his teammates well and had some good vision. Quality skater who could carry the puck and had hands to beat a guy 1 on 1. Have doubts either guy involved in this trade turns into much at the NHL level but just not seeing the reasoning. Unless Pascall feels like the Wranglers could use a shakeup with their recent poor play.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Then why trade him for another small player bringing even less offense to the table?

Not really sure what the point of this was unless MEP asked to be traded. He's a smart responsible player who used his teammates well and had some good vision. Quality skater who could carry the puck and had hands to beat a guy 1 on 1. Have doubts either guy involved in this trade turns into much at the NHL level but just not seeing the reasoning. Unless Pascall feels like the Wranglers could use a shakeup with their recent poor play.
Change of scenery deal, MEP never really had anyone ahead of him. Damiani was pushed down in the lineup when the Stars drafted other centers in Dellandrea, Bourque and Stankoven and they advanced to the AHL.

Damiani could be a gem.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Change of scenery deal, MEP never really had anyone ahead of him. Damiani was pushed down in the lineup when the Stars drafted other centers in Dellandrea, Bourque and Stankoven and they advanced to the AHL.

Damiani could be a gem.

Well I guess that helps explain his 3 straight seasons of declining production then. I dunno I'll reserve judgement until I get to watch him but MEP was a big part of the Wrangler PP.

Reactions: Felidae

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well I guess that helps explain his 3 straight seasons of declining production then. I dunno I'll reserve judgement until I get to watch him but MEP was a big part of the Wrangler PP.
It's kinda a theme with Conroy. Find a relatively young player you like that's being held back by depth. First Rango, then Pachal, now Miro & Damiani...

Right now our 1C on the Wranglers is Schwindt, I wouldn't be remotely shocked to see Damiani immediately placed between Jones and Coronato.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Man that's an interesting development curve. A PPG AHL season as a 21 year old is nothing to scoff at, but his pace has somehow regressed every year to the point he doesn't even average half a point per game. I wonder what happened, anomaly I guess? Still doesn't explain the yearly decrease in production though.

Edit: nvm was explained.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
In the past 22 games MEP had 4 assists. He wasn't really getting much top 6 time, even when we were down bodies. Consistency has always been an issue with him, and I was actually surprised we even resigned him last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00