Emery sacked

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was never in love with the move, was willing to give him a chance though and yeah, I think they're fair in deciding that chance has run out. I just sure as hell hope they've got someone good lined up though.

Reactions: S E P H

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Best moment I have experienced as an Arsenal fan in the last 2 and a half years. Love seeing a swedish Arsenal legend take charge while we look for a permanent manager.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I know Arsenal fans were frustrated with him, but are they actually underachieving based on their squad?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I know Arsenal fans were frustrated with him, but are they actually underachieving based on their squad?

It's tough to achieve when you have Xhaka @ DM and Torrier a bombing up the pitch to get withing 10 ft of the strikers when he wants to be playing DM and is a better man for the job.

The squad is better than it's performing now, not top 3 level, but good enough to be in conversation for top 4. Unai just could not get it out of them..

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

It’s similar to how I look at United.

They’re clearly deficient from a talent standpoint, but look up and down the roster and you’ll be hard pressed to find more than 3 or 4 players who you’d describe has playing at or above their potential. Most of the team is underperforming, which becomes extra glaring when you don’t have enough talent to begin with.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

During the summer I was told Pepe and Tierney would mean they would walk into the top 4 - so based on that yes.

They certainly got a core that should allow them to play a lot better than what they have done. To me they look like a very poorly coached team. Not sure why, but clearly the players and Emery have not been on the same page for quite awhile.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
When something like this happens on a friday there is a high chance i go f***ing mental tonight. Hell, i would do that even if it was just an ordinary friday!

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
During the summer I was told Pepe and Tierney would mean they would walk into the top 4 - so based on that yes.

They certainly got a core that should allow them to play a lot better than what they have done. To me they look like a very poorly coached team. Not sure why, but clearly the players and Emery have not been on the same page for quite awhile.

Emery has killed creativity and offensive football whenever he has gone because he relies too much on cutbacks and the same offensive plays, not allowing fluidity or positional interchanges which is a basic principen in attack every team needs to be successful. It was hardly a surprise, Mbappe scored 13 league goals in a season under Emery, before scoring 33 the next year without him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Please bring in Allegri.... The English can be worked on!

Another pragmatic defensive manager would give me PTSD, but at least he has won a lot. Not sure about him though, would prefer to have a high pressing, high intensity offensive manager who plays the Arsenal way like Rose, Nagelsmann, Ten Hag or Jesse Marsch. Allegri is a short term manager but not great at player development.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes!

I want Rafa as manager, but I'm willing to give Freddie the season. The board already ruined the season by not sacking Emery months ago.

Reactions: robertmac43

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Please bring in Allegri.... The English can be worked on!

Honestly first time I've ever heard of someone's English being a possible hindrance! I was going to say that at Arsenal we're used to it, but honestly what English team isn't at this point?

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What about Marcelino, does he speak English?

He was doing well with Valencia beofre Peter Lim decided to do stupid Peterliming
That would be a good move for him. I do wonder is Marcelino up for the challenge of taking on a project like Arsenal? I mean he’s done all he could for mid table sides(joke about arsenal being more of the same) I would like to see him on a bigger team with more funds. I don’t know if he would succeed but he should be given the opportunity and he owes it to himself to try and be a big time manager.

Reactions: Power Man

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That would be a good move for him. I do wonder is Marcelino up for the challenge of taking on a project like Arsenal? I mean he’s done all he could for mid table sides(joke about arsenal being more of the same) I would like to see him on a bigger team with more funds. I don’t know if he would succeed but he should be given the opportunity and he owes it to himself to try and be a big time manager.

*Twists the Knife*

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad