GDT: Emergency GDT 1/5/16: Saving Private Puhis Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You're not suppose to notice D-man who are playing well, but you Are suppose to notice forwards playing well. Johanson = wasted roster space last night.

That's what the sarcasm emoticon was for ;) Anyways, you can't base an opinion of a player on one game played. In the game he was "unnoticeable" he could have easily had 2 goals with some puck luck (puck hopped over his stick on open net, great save by Dub on tip under 2 minutes).

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Just watched the re-run of the game.

Johanson was so unnoticible, except for missing the wide open net, and his cheap crap on Nino. I would not even consider trading Dumba for Johanson even up at this point. I see no desire, no burst, no skill, no ice awareness. I see nothing to make this guy worth a 1st, plus roster players and prospects.

I thought Atkinson and Saad were far and away the better players, but I'm aware we are looking for centers.

From Russo's article:

Johansen is pals with the Wild’s Nino Niederreiter, his former linemate with Portland of the Western Hockey League. They were drafted back-to-back (fourth and fifth overall) in 2010.

“I was going to take him to dinner [Monday], but he blew me off,†Johansen said, laughing. “So I’m not happy about that actually. I’m going to run him.†Niederreiter said the Wild had a team dinner.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
They talked about this on the broadcast last night. Former Winterhawks teammates (where they tore up the league together and were drafted #3 and 4), still pretty good buddies. I doubt any "cheap crap" we saw him do to Nino was what it looked like ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad