Emelin on the PP?

Maelpj*

He seems to get better every year. His skating is a lot more fluid, his decisions making improved, he hit hard and I feel less insecure with him on the ice than 1-2 years ago.

Why not try him a little bit more on the second wave PP? As much as I like Bouillon, I think Emelin could be dangerous on the PP. The guy has a solid Slapshot. First wave PK-Markov, second wave Diaz-Emelin would give us 2 playmaker-shooter combo at the blue line.

Analyzer*

He, like most of our d like to wait until an opponent is in front of them so their shot is blocked.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He seems to get better every year. His skating is a lot more fluid, his decisions making improved, he hit hard and I feel less insecure with him on the ice than 1-2 years ago.

Why not try him a little bit more on the second wave PP? As much as I like Bouillon, I think Emelin could be dangerous on the PP. The guy has a solid Slapshot. First wave PK-Markov, second wave Diaz-Emelin would give us 2 playmaker-shooter combo at the blue line.

He wasn't even here two years ago......

Just sayin'

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I would just roll with Markov-Diaz-Subban as the 3 D on the PP.

No one wants to hear this, but this is why we need Kaberle in the lineup.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I would like to see pacioretty or galchenyuk at the point.

galchenyuk is a magician and could open the ice up, or let one fly. pacioretty, for whatever reason, can put pucks on net.

anything at this point, as our pp is falling into the abyss.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Totally agree. He might be bad even strength, but he's still pretty useful on the pp.

So you want to dress a player who is a liability 80% of the time he is on the ice in hopes of him being a plus for the remaining 20%........sounds like a losing formula to me.

LarsEller

Jul 31, 2011
Copenhagen
So you want to dress a player who is a liability 80% of the time he is on the ice in hopes of him being a plus for the remaining 20%........sounds like a losing formula to me.

Naah, I don't care if he plays or not. Just stating that I thought he was useful on the PP. And I think people were being too harsh on him last year. He did help our PP when he arrived

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't think he has the offensive awareness to play on the PP, he has the tools (powerful shot, decent passing) but he doesn't have the vision or the hands required to be given that role. As much as I dislike the idea of having Bouillon out there he does bring some positives like no turnovers and the ability to keep the play alive by keeping the puck in the zone. Emelin on the other hand, has much better tools than Bouillon but he's probably our worst defenseman when it comes to knowing when to pinch and when not to. He's also not the most confident guy with the puck, you can see he's hesitant sometimes when he's in control of the puck and that results to him messing up his pass or fumbling the puck. I know Therrien put him out there once earlier this season and it was a complete disaster, he lost the puck at the point and it lead to a breakaway against. Let him do his thing 5 on 5 and defensively but I don't think he's a viable option for us on the PP.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
He can't be any worse than Boullion.

Bouillon's decent. I prefer him over Gorges and Emelin because he has some offensive flair, even though his shot's pretty bad.

Ok it's not that Bouillon's good offensively, it's just that Emelin and Gorges are unable to make a decent pass.

But all in all, the less icetime Emelin will get, the better the team will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->