Embellishment is in fashion this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Yeah. I'm not sure. I'm leaning about 85% that he embellished and faked it, but I see the rationale that perhaps he did get clipped and the video isn't providing an accurate measure of what happened. I don't know though and as of now, I'll stick with my assumption that he embellished.

Take a look at the image posted by acoustic. Sure its not 100% clear, but it does seem to show the stick right in Marleau's face...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Impossible to tell from that angle whether he dived or got clipped with the toe of the blade in the face. The blade is certainly high enough to hit his face. Probably isn't a thread if Potvin didn't react that way.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Still frame seems to show it may have hit his face. Consider this my apology.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Impossible to tell from that angle whether he dived or got clipped with the toe of the blade in the face. The blade is certainly high enough to hit his face. Probably isn't a thread if Potvin didn't react that way.

Honestly though Potvin is pretty much clueless that's part of his appeal to me.

Whenever the Habs play the Cats I always have it on the Florida feed so I can get me some Potvin.

The guy sounds like he's drunk or stoned or something all the time.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The only mystery here is how Florida managed to get a point with a backup and a bottom six AHL team against one of the top teams in the west who just happens to be on a hot streak. I'll take it.

Btw, the head tilt is the oldest trick in the book and Marleau is an old dawg who knows the fundamentals. Dan O' Halloran bit like a champ. Whatever. Don't even care.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The only mystery here is how Florida managed to get a point with a backup and a bottom six AHL team against one of the top teams in the west who just happens to be on a hot streak. I'll take it.

Btw, the head tilt is the oldest trick in the book and Marleau is an old dawg who knows the fundamentals. Dan O' Halloran bit like a champ. Whatever. Don't even care.

Yea. Happy to get a point. Embellishment or not, Sharks didn't score. The more egregious call was the "slash" on trocheck in OT

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Yea. Happy to get a point. Embellishment or not, Sharks didn't score. The more egregious call was the "slash" on trocheck in OT

The stick check from under the stick being interpreted as a slash was a lot worse. Another brilliant one. Oh well. Got that point and on top of the division. Don't even care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad