Email from Mike Priest to PSL holders, Opening Night and Ticket Deals

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Yeah, if you got free tickets and you want to sell I'd also buy, just throw it out here first before I go to ticket master tomorrow mourning. Maybe give the real backbone of this franchise a chance to profit on non used tickets for once.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Forwarding Season Tickets

Have any season ticket holders been able to forward tickets after you sign into your account? The only option I have available to me so far is "Donate to charity". I have a message into my new season ticket rep, but have not heard from her yet.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Have any season ticket holders been able to forward tickets after you sign into your account? The only option I have available to me so far is "Donate to charity". I have a message into my new season ticket rep, but have not heard from her yet.

No. Try tomorrow. I believe the CBJ policy is that single tickets must be on sale before we can sell/forward. Pretty sure CBJ want opportunity to sell single seats before we can.

postalpez

Dec 21, 2008
Yeah, if you got free tickets and you want to sell I'd also buy, just throw it out here first before I go to ticket master tomorrow mourning. Maybe give the real backbone of this franchise a chance to profit on non used tickets for once.

While everyone else is asking nicely I might as well also.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Opening Night deals.

The Columbus Blue Jackets announced today a pair of special ticket offers and a host of in-game festivities surrounding the club’s home-opener, which is slated for Monday, January 21 against the Detroit Red Wings. The game, which will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network, begins at 7:30 p.m. with doors to Nationwide Arena opening early at 6 p.m.
A special “2 for 1” Opening Night ticket offer allows fans that purchase a ticket for the January 21 game to get a second of equal value for no additional cost. As a further bonus, the Blue Jackets and Ticketmaster will waive convenience and all order processing fees for online ticket purchases from January 15-21.
During this seven-day period, fans may buy tickets for any game on the 24-game home schedule without paying the additional convenience and order processing fees typically associated with an online purchase. Although individual savings will vary based on the price of tickets purchased, the benefits result in a savings of up to $17 per ticket. Single-game tickets for all games go on sale Tuesday, January 15 at 9 a.m.
In other Opening Night news, all fans in attendance will receive a free T-shirt courtesy of FOX Sports Ohio, a 2012-13 schedule magnet presented by Papa John’s, a cheer card presented by Nationwide Insurance and FOX Sports Ohio and a voucher redeemable for a free Pepsi product, hot dog and popcorn that night. Fans can also expect numerous in-game prize giveaways as well as the chance to win a player-worn jersey. Fans are encouraged to take their seats early for pre-game opening ceremonies which will include player introductions among the many planned festivities.
For the second home game when the Blue Jackets host the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, January 26 at 7 p.m., all fans will receive a Blue Jackets baseball cap and a 2012-13 schedule poster presented by FOX Sports Ohio. Fans are also encouraged to stay for a post-game team autograph session presented by Nationwide Insurance. The Dispatch Family Value Pack is available for this game. The package starts at $25 per person and includes one AEP Power Level (upper bowl) ticket, one hot dog, one Pepsi, one popcorn, and one OhioHealth Ice Haus skate pass. A lower bowl package is available for $59 per person.
Single-game tickets starting at $26 may be purchased at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena, the FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line Team Store at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, ticket outlets at the OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, via phone at 800-745-3000 or online at BlueJackets.com and ticketmaster.com.
A variety of full and partial-season ticket packages starting at less than $15 per game are also on sale now. Season ticket holders receive a number of great benefits including significant savings versus single-game prices; the best available seat locations; exclusive access to events with players and coaches; and priority access to tickets for most other events at Nationwide Arena and the Jerome Schottenstein Center. For more information, call (800) NHL-COLS or visit BlueJackets.com.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Some pretty good perks the team is offering. I have taken advantage of a a couple.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Does the 2 for 1 deal start tomorrow? I'm not a season ticket holder, but I hope they don't sell out before I get the chance to buy a couple. :)

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Heh, I'm gonna try ordering tickets on my android phone tomorrow at my morning break. Hopefully... it'll work out.

topscot78

Jun 13, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Will the free ticket be able to be used on a seat with the one I actually buy? I'm not sure how this works... :help:

I called my rep directly and he is able to move the free ticket next to your existing on their systems as of tomorrow morning.

Also possible to add the lower or upper bowl $25/$15 tickets from that offer next to you if you want to have friends/family to go to an existing game you have already purchased.

To be fair, the ticket guys seems to be doing a great job and are being incredibly helpful and accommodating.

Alongside side the offers it seems the marketing folks are doing their best for the fans.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Will the free ticket be able to be used on a seat with the one I actually buy? I'm not sure how this works... :help:

It is a 2 for 1. You buy two seats next to each other for the price of one. That would be cruel if they say yeah we have one in 210 for you and the other one is in 227.;)

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
got my battle kit today. fun fact: Ms. SuperGenius and I are on the box :)

Looks to be a pic from last year's St Louis game when Nash played lights out after all of the trade talk was boiling. That would explain why we're in the lower bowl, anyway, though we sat down there a few times. Our usual tickets are in 207.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
got my battle kit today. fun fact: Ms. SuperGenius and I are on the box :)

Looks to be a pic from last year's St Louis game when Nash played lights out after all of the trade talk was boiling. That would explain why we're in the lower bowl, anyway, though we sat down there a few times. Our usual tickets are in 207.

Did your battle kit come by regular mail or by UPS/Fedex? Still waiting for mine. :help:

Paisano*

Can't get opening night tix for free or the $10 offer. All the wing fans must have bought the place out.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Can't get opening night tix for free or the $10 offer. All the wing fans must have bought the place out.

It will be interesting to see. My rep told me that most of the tickets went to the PSL holders cashing in on the 2 for 1 offer.

Who knows, they could have turned around and either sold them or gave them to their Wings fan friends.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
They really want to fill that lower bowl for all 24 games.

Nationwide employees can buy up to 8 tickets per game, to 4 selected game in Jan/Feb, at $25 a seat lower bowl.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
A few things are going on:
1. They have very little time to sell games for the first few weeks (lockout ended and 8 days later the season starts).
2. They need to sell tickets to get profit sharing money - they don't care how much they sold the tickets for they just count ticket sales.
3. There is very little demand for tickets right now. They have 7-8k STH, but virtually noone thinks the team will be any good.
4. They are HOPING the team plays the right way and wins enough to make sure folks have a good time at the games. We don't need the team to be a great team to sell tickets, just need the team to play hard and show hope for future. if this team doesn't do that they are going to be in big trouble next season (meaning STH will look around and see plenty of opportunities for $25 tickets and drop season tickets, casuaul fans will only the the value in heavily discounted tickets, etc).

Their gamble is if they can get people in that they can get people interested for next season. if the team quits or doesn't show up most games then I have no idea what they will do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad