Elston

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I don't - I have about 13 years of THN with Elston's cartoons in them.... they really should release a book. Although, each cartoon would need to come with an explanation, because looking back 10, 15, 20 years you won't understand some of them. They were very much about the here and now.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I don't - I have about 13 years of THN with Elston's cartoons in them.... they really should release a book. Although, each cartoon would need to come with an explanation, because looking back 10, 15, 20 years you won't understand some of them. They were very much about the here and now.
He has actually released quite a few books. Don't know when the last one was, but I'm sure you could find them at amazon.com, or at a good sports book fair.

Gary Bettman and Theo Fleury were a couple of his favourite targets. Elston (a rather short man himself) loves to target those two.

My favourite Elston work, though, would be "A Garden Farewell," published after the Boston Garden closed in 1995. A Boston Bruin player hugging a giant rat.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
Mine and my Dad's favorite one was Pete Peeters and Keith Acton hiding behind the Winnepeg Jets logo...it has Pete Peeters on a phone and the caption reads "Is it okay to come home Clarkie??"....the reason it's funny is because Clarke was trying to get around the waiver draft... this is taken from Pete Peeters bio at Hockeydb.com...

-1989-Sep-28 Traded from Philadelphia Flyers with Keith Acton to Winnipeg Jets for future considerations
-1989-Oct-03 Traded from Winnipeg Jets with Keith Acton to Philadelphia Flyers for future considerations

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
"elston on ice"
"the evolution of hockey"
"back to the drawing board"
"elston's hat trick"
"elston shorthanded"

I've got these ones too.

Well worth getting. Especially at dirt cheap used prices online.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
lol oh yeah Elston

Do you remember when the scoreboard fell on the ice in Buffalo? It crashed to smitherenes. There wasnt a gmae going on it just happened during the day but since Sabres coach Ted Nolan and GM John Muckler weren't getting along there was a drawing of Nolan at centre ice stading beside the crashd scoreboard saying: "You missed me Muckler!? Classic.

Oh yeah have you seen how short Elston was? Theo Fleury was 5'6" and towered over him in a picture

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad