Value of: Ellis

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Our defense is too thin as it is. The only real problem with Ellis is that he shouldn't be paired with Josi. As a 21-22 minute #3 D with a physical stay-at-home LD partner, Ellis would be great. Well, short term anyway. Somewhere along the line that contract will become awful. But for now it's fine.

If I traded Ellis I want a solid, physical, bigger top-4 D-man. Just a stylistic change basically. But we can't trade him just for forwards or futures. Not unless we have another way to get some D.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Probably not getting moved.

He’s an integral piece to the Preds, he’s a big reason why they’re currently going to OT right now.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't think that's right since Fabbro played in the playoffs last season. Think he also needs to be protected.
Yeah, they are going to protect all 4 including Fabbro who is not exempt.

I don't think Fabbro was really ready to be a top-4 player, not on a contending team anyway, but he's too young and has too much potential to just gift-wrap to Seattle.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yeah, they are going to protect all 4 including Fabbro who is not exempt.

I don't think Fabbro was really ready to be a top-4 player, not on a contending team anyway, but he's too young and has too much potential to just gift-wrap to Seattle.
Maybe, but he did more than fine for essentially a rookie, definitely not one of the top 5, or probably even 10, issues for the squad this season. There is zero reason he should be left unprotected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad