Elliotte Friedman's Tough Week

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Used to enjoy his insights, but now he is so overexposed and desperate for content that he has to come up with takes that are no better than some of the rumors found here on hfboards.

Here's a couple of beauties from this week's "inside information" that he shares with us.

-Alain Vigneault’s name is popping up, too. If Florida makes a change, that could be a fit.

-My sense is Sabres GM Jason Botterill does not want a coaching change.

31 Thoughts: NHL-backed women's league the 'obvious solution' - Sportsnet.ca

Time for him to do more reporting and less throwing stuff on the wall to see if it sticks.

Last edited:

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
The sabres one is bad, no doubt. But even then, he says "my sense", not that it was going to happen.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Friedman does kinda suck on the speculation part. He's got legit connections though, so he breaks a lot of stories.

But let's face it - hockey fans are stupid. The guy that gets the news two minutes before the official press release gets a disproportionate amount of credit.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Used to enjoy his insights, but now he is so overexposed and desperate for content that he has to come up with takes that are no better than some of the rumors found here on hfboards.

Here's a couple of beauties from this week's "inside information" that he shares with us.

-Alain Vigneault’s name is popping up, too. If Florida makes a change, that could be a fit.

-My sense is Sabres GM Jason Botterill does not want a coaching change.

31 Thoughts: NHL-backed women's league the 'obvious solution' - Sportsnet.ca

Time for him to do more reporting and less throwing stuff on the wall to see if it sticks.

You do realize that it's possible, and maybe even likely given Housely himself thought he'd be back that Botts did not want to fire him, but that the call was made by the owner right?

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
You're being a little disingenuous on the Sabres bit. The full quote reads a lot more like Botterill didn't want to and wasn't originally planning on firing Housley, but the results over the past couple months may force his hand on the issue. Which is pretty reasonable and honestly how I've interpreted it from Botterill's comments as well.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Sometimes he looks elite in his speculation but other times he just seems to get exposed out there. You just wish he had the consistently in his game like Bob.

I really dont like Bob that much anymore. Any insight is basically hedged.

"Toronto Maple Leafs are either going to sign William Nylander by Dec 1, or they will trade him, or just let him sit for the year."

:eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad