Elliott and Neuvirth

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It's worse than all that. There's a really good chance that someone like Howard won't want to come here to be a caddy to Hart, or that he won't want to come to a non-playoff team. Elliott at sub $4M is probably the best bet.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Still can't believe any Flyers fan would even consider bringing back either one of these two. So many better options available just in free agency alone and they could always trade for someone as well.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's worse than all that. There's a really good chance that someone like Howard won't want to come here to be a caddy to Hart, or that he won't want to come to a non-playoff team. Elliott at sub $4M is probably the best bet.
That's what I think too. A lot of starters won't want to come to Philly knowing that Hart will be getting the push. That likely stops a guy like Talbot from signing. But of course it also depends on demand. Not exactly a ton of landing spots.

Then add in that Philly is not exactly a goalie can look to to "boost" their numbers for a year to then go find another deal.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
That's what I think too. A lot of starters won't want to come to Philly knowing that Hart will be getting the push. That likely stops a guy like Talbot from signing. But of course it also depends on demand. Not exactly a ton of landing spots.
Yep. There are only so many clear cut starting spots to go around though. Bobrovsky, Varlamov, and Lehner will get them somewhere. A guy like Talbot or Howard might not have a better situation than playing in a 60/40, 50/50, 40/60 tandem with Hart. Talbot in particular is going to be coming off of two down years in a row and I doubt teams will be beating down the door to hand him a starting job.

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Talbot won’t get a starting gig elsewhere. As a backup he’d be fine. Much less injury risk than Elliott, which is huge. Hopefully they can also keep Stolarz as a call up.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I would honestly be happy going into next year, with Stolarz/Hart.
I think is good enough, if he plays the rest of this year getting experience.
Stolarz also looked good in his short time here. If we have Sandstrom/Lyon in the AHL.
I think we could spend more $ on getting some better players.

Although, its super risky and could easily fail.
Out of the Veterans, i wouldn't mind a guy like Mike Smith signed for 2 years.
Or maybe Cam Talbot for a similar deal.
I dont think signing a big time guy like BOB, or Varalomov is the best idea, with Hart on the roster.
Hart looks Better than most guys available.

Although if Elliott comes back, I would let Hart go into the AHL playoffs.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Still can't believe any Flyers fan would even consider bringing back either one of these two. So many better options available just in free agency alone and they could always trade for someone as well.
It's really not that simple though. We need a goalie who is capable and ok with platooning with Hart and is fine with the idea that Hart is the future. You're asking a goalie to be Hart's mentor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->