Elliott and Neuvirth

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
something never change... but an upgrade from Boucher and Leighton. Maybe?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Neuvirth does have starter talent, but his propensity for getting hurt destroys any shot he has of building up consistency and confidence throughout a season. Hard to lock in on your game when you spend time alternating between the crease, the bench, and IR. If you got a healthy season out of him I do believe he'd be a middle-of-the-pack-or-slightly-better starter, but I don't ever bet on getting a healthy season out of him.

Reactions: Rebels57

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I can kind of stomach the three-headed mediocrity of Elliott, Neuvirth and Lyon this season but next season has me biting my cuticles. Does Hextall resign one of the vets to tide the team over to Hart time?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Hexy should have never traded for Mrazek and given Lyon more of an opportunity in the NHL last season.

Alex did distinguish himself decently in his 1st taste of the NHL.

I don’t get why some on here are down on Lyon, goalies do take longer to develop, it’s not like Lyon was a total disaster.

Reactions: Rebels57

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Not impressed by Lyon at all.

I'd be extremely nervous if he's on the roster all season.

He is ok as a spot starter. I mean if you have a guy who can give you 60-63 starts or whatever he is ok. You can do worse. Like Mrazek, the goalie situation down in Carolina, whoever that was backing up in Edmonton. Is he ideal? No, but I could live with him as a backup if we did have a horse in goal to start

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He is ok as a spot starter. I mean if you have a guy who can give you 60-63 starts or whatever he is ok. You can do worse. Like Mrazek, the goalie situation down in Carolina, whoever that was backing up in Edmonton. Is he ideal? No, but I could live with him as a backup if we did have a horse in goal to start
Yeah, which is exactly the problem. :laugh:

Considering our situation, he could end up seeing significant time.

Coming up and playing a game or two in an emergency? Sure, I can live with that. But if he makes the team as backup (which I can’t imagine happening)... oh boy...

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
It’s not out of the possibility that Lyon ends the season as the Flyers starter.

Lyon reminds me of Connor Hellebuyck style of play...

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If they were in a situation where both Neuvirth and Elliott are out, they're far more likely to make a trade than just punt the season with Lyon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->