Elliott and Neuvirth

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No. I think Ron is ready to move on unless one of them is lights out (including the playoffs) this year, and even then he'll consider it fool's gold.

The wildcard is Lyon, Stolarz is almost certain to go to LHV and split time with Hart, he needs to show he's 100% back from the knee injury.
Lyon had two mediocre regular seasons at LHV, then was spectacular in the AHL playoffs (11g .944%) in a decent sample.
So who is the real Lyon?

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018
Because the Flyers need a veteran goalie in order to buy Hart, Sandstrom, Lyon, and Stolarz time.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Because the Flyers need a veteran goalie in order to buy Hart, Sandstrom, Lyon, and Stolarz time.
How about we first see where Hart, Lyon, sandstrom and stolie are before discussing this? Its rather pointless at the moment.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Doubtful, unless one of Hart and Sandstrom has a disastrous season.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Elliot was fine last season until he got run into the grave by Hakstol. It wouldn't surprise me if Elliot sticks around for another season.
Elliott was mediocre & gave up more soft goals than I’ve ever seen — until Mrazek replaced him.

Reactions: renberg

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
What games were you watching? The one thing Elliot didnt do was give up back breaking softies until he got hurt down the stretch. He was solid most of the year and gave us a chance to win every night

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Neuvirth will be healthy this year. Just you watch.

Maybe a couple of quick bumps and bruises, but no major injury that keeps him out of the lineup.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Elliott just had a strange year, period:
October .884 but 5-2-1
Nov/Dec .924 but 9-7-6
Jan .874 but 5-2-0

Reactions: ybnvs

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Elliot was overplayed the first half, 34 of 42 games with Neuvirth injured, Stolarz injured, Lyon a total unknown coming off a meh AHL season, and the team in a nose dive.
But in January, he only started 7 of 13 games.
Started Jan 2nd, 4th, 6th, the end of his "iron man" regime.

Neuvirth the 7th, then the 13th, 16th, Neuvirth the 18th, Neuvirth the 20th, 21st, 23rd, Neuvirth 25th, 26th, Neuvirth 31st.

He sustained a lower body injury in the January 23 game, his 4th game in 17 days , two starts with a day off in between after 5 days rest, not exactly "overwork."

He looked just fine on the 21st and 23rd, saving 46 of 49 shots, and on Feb 6, and Feb 8th, stopping 52 of 56 shots. Then went down on Feb 10th.

Looks like the "overuse" explanation for his injury is another urban myth.
When he was used heavily he was fine, Elliott got hurt when he was given plenty of rest.

Neuvirth didn't play a back to back game before he got injured in February, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: ybnvs

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
What games were you watching? The one thing Elliot didnt do was give up back breaking softies until he got hurt down the stretch. He was solid most of the year and gave us a chance to win every night
Elliott gave up more soft goals than just about any Flyers’ goalie I could remember. Stupefyingly bad goals. And it happened the entire season, not just after he got hurt. And then they added Mrazek, who was able to top Elliott in conceding soft goals.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
My hope is that Elliott, Neuvirth, and Lyon are battling for the placeholder 1A goaltender position next season, since there is no good option among the three and the logically best outcome for Hart would be Flyers backup in 2019-20 if he has a fabulous season with the Phantoms this year. I will predict Elliott as starter in 2019, Lyon as backup, and Hart starts in Lehigh Valley.

Reactions: renberg

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I hope none of them are here. No faith, the Neuvrith play has been done to death, he's borderline useless in the NHL, can't stay healthy, I don't care how talented he "may" be.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->