Elliote Freidman on Alexander Barabanov

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
A name to learn: Alexander Barabanov. The Russian left-shot winger will be 26 in June, and word is a few NHL executives will be going to see him in person. His 46 points in 58 games for St. Petersburg were 18th in the KHL last season. He’s at three points in the first 12 games this year, but his ice time is down from 15:26 to 13:19. There’s always a concern that when a player in Barabanov’s situation sees that drop, it’s because the organization feels it will lose him.
“We’re already looking for Toronto’s ‘Russian Whisperer,’” one of my overseas contacts joked. That’s Senior Director of Player Evaluation Jim Paliafito.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Pass.

If a player isn't over 6 foot don't bring him in. Waste of time too many already on the Leafs. Would rather play Micheyev, Hyman, and Johnsson on LW. No upgrade.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Nice.

He was talked about on prospects board almost two years ago probably, kept tabs on him since. Not a big guy, but has a wide stance, protects the puck well too.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Chris Johnston speculated the Leafs w were after another Russian player on Sportsnet Leafs Hour podcast. He couldn't remember the players name so this makes sense

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Can the Leafs buy out his existing contract which ends after 2019/2020? Money talks.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Pass.

If a player isn't over 6 foot don't bring him in. Waste of time too many already on the Leafs. Would rather play Micheyev, Hyman, and Johnsson on LW. No upgrade.

Artemi Panarin is 5' 11".

Just so you know.

Reactions: Slyfox

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
We don’t have cap space. He is not looking for a 800k contract. Kid wants money and term. Take my word for it I don’t have an official source.

Reactions: Ratboy

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Has to sign an ELC for 1 year as per the CBA I understand (year younger than 27) then he's a UFA. I'm suspicious about how talented he is considering it took until last season for him to put up nice numbers. He may have just had a career year playing in a loaded lineup. Video reminds me of Komarov (with finish).

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I
Pass.

no you grab always the best player available trade off inflated wingers by our fantastic 4. Repeat get size that's established for inflated wingers once bigger wingers get beat down trade them for draft pick get beat player avaliable to fill role inflation of stats maybe hit a rocket to Mars. Then hell that would be scary a 5th super star on a 3 year contract people would cry envy.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
This should have absolutely zero impact on whether we bring this kid over or not.
Not at all sayin that it has anything to do with that, I'm just wondering why he is not in the line up, He has size good skater and nice hands when he robbed the puck off of a D then turned and fired it home, he also always goes and plays right infront of the oppose net and screens the goalie. I'll also gladly take Barbanov as well, looks like he is not afraid to cut in and fly to the front of the net without his head on a swivel wondering if he is going to take a hit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad