Recalled/Assigned: Ellerby Recalled; Kane on IR

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think it's more of a future issue at forward.

If you consider adding Burmi, Ehlers and Petan, you have a pretty full roster of top-9 forwards. It's a nice "problem" to have, but at some point I could see the Jets trading a middle-6 forward for a younger and higher end LHD.

On the other hand, if the prospects pan out, the following might be a seriously competitive line-up in a couple of years.

LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Perreault-Burmi-Frolik
Petan-Lowry-Peluso (I think Maurice is always going have a helmet puncher)

For the Corsiphiliacs, the above line-up should bring a smile.

Enstrom-Trouba
Morrissey-Buff
Stuart-Bogo

Other than I would swap Kane & Perry I like the forwards. The only issue on D is Chiarot. I know some people credit Buff with his play but as time goes on he looks increasingly like he deserves the accolades. Even if he can't push Stuart down now surely when he has a couple of more years experience and Stu is a couple of years older he will. So I would put him in on the left side since you are talking a couple of years from now.

The start of this Frolik for Depres thing (moot if Depres is injured) presumed that Frolik was not going to re-sign. It would leave our top 9 somewhat depleted. That would have to be filled for the rest of this year by AHL call-ups, Gali, Hali, etc. The offset would be the D acquired for Fro + future value of that D. There would also be the possibility of getting something in exchange for surplus D when we get healthy again. They wouldn't get a 3RW with term but they might get us a rental which is all we really need.

Trading Fro in the near future would be a bold move by Chevy (which means it is highly unlikely) but not necessarily a bad one even at this stage of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad