Recalled/Assigned: Ellerby Recalled; Kane on IR

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
@WpgJetsPR: "#NHLJets recall defenceman Keaton Ellerby from @IceCapsAHL; Place forward Evander Kane on IR retroactive to Dec. 28."

I wonder if this is to replace Clitsome :shakehead

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Please-excuse-me.jpg

m.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So, the Jets top 5 D at the start of the year are all out with injuries. That's amazing.

Rumblings out of Pittsburgh that Despres ended practice early, with some speculation about a trade....

Something around Frolik for Despres (if negotiations with Frolik are heading nowhere)?

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
So, the Jets top 5 D at the start of the year are all out with injuries. That's amazing.

Rumblings out of Pittsburgh that Despres ended practice early, with some speculation about a trade....

Something around Frolik for Despres (if negotiations with Frolik are heading nowhere)?

Despres is pretty good, big young and physical too. If we aren't re-signing Frolik, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea at all.

Edit: This picture reminding me of the Despres-Kane fight gives me a chuckle. That smile.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Yup - Clitsome is out for tonight by all accounts.

I like Ellerby..............He gave us some good minutes last year. I do not see him as much of a drop off from Clitsome. Ckitsome was playing the body more and tougher recently.

If Postma does down.......... snd we have our top 6 D down from TC...... will we sign Derek Meech? That would also mean Pardy would be our #1 d-man playing .........based on our 1st game of the season rankings.......:::amazed:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

That would be interesting, a decent return on Frolik. It would leave our top 9 missing Kane, Buff and Frolik from opening night. It is easier to find serviceable F than D though so should be a good move if it happens. But this is getting crazy. Remember the pre-season when we were all saying things like we will be OK as long as we don't have excessive injury problems?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That would be interesting, a decent return on Frolik. It would leave our top 9 missing Kane, Buff and Frolik from opening night. It is easier to find serviceable F than D though so should be a good move if it happens. But this is getting crazy. Remember the pre-season when we were all saying things like we will be OK as long as we don't have excessive injury problems?

I was actually thinking that might not be a bad longer term deal for the Jets. Despres seems like a very nice LHD that fits how Maurice likes his D to play. Burmi might come back and fill in for Frolik, with Ehlers and Petan perhaps filling in other forward spots...

LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Petan-Lowry-Burmi
Galiardi-Slater-Peluso

Enstrom-Trouba
Despres-Buff
Stuart/Harrison - Bogo

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Soooooo... Are we closer to being able to emergency recall Morrissey yet (I know I ask this with every new injury).

The jrs are almost over so I'd have no problem with it after tonight. :P

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I was actually thinking that might not be a bad longer term deal for the Jets. Despres seems like a very nice LHD that fits how Maurice likes his D to play. Burmi might come back and fill in for Frolik, with Ehlers and Petan perhaps filling in other forward spots...

LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Petan-Lowry-Burmi
Galiardi-Slater-Peluso

Enstrom-Trouba
Despres-Buff
Stuart/Harrison - Bogo

Apparently Despres had a nagging injury that caused him to leave practice early. So doesn't look like there's anything there. But definitely some food for thought for things to try if Frolik won't re-sign.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Apparently Despres had a nagging injury that caused him to leave practice early. So doesn't look like there's anything there. But definitely some food for thought for things to try if Frolik won't re-sign.

Sort of what I'm thinking... Shifting a forward like Frolik for a solid #4-5 LHD might not be a bad idea long-term, with some of the decent forward prospects waiting in the wings (Burmi, Ehlers, Petan, Copp, etc.).

Perhaps you could replace Burmi in that sort of trade for Frolik, if the Jets can get a good deal with Frolik.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Soooooo... Are we closer to being able to emergency recall Morrissey yet (I know I ask this with every new injury).

Not gonna happen unless more catastrophy happens. 8 D were on the ice for the pregame skate this morning. Maurice said Ellerby is cleared to play but likely couldn't play too many minutes if they needed to use him. Bogo and Enstrom won't be too much longer

tucker22*

Aug 8, 2012
Out of curiosity, who would you rather he trade?

Why does he need to trade anyone? Feb 1st all our D will be back, Kane should be back. If we trade a forward for another D we will have, Buff, chariot, Enstrom, Bogo, Stuart, Trouba, Harrison, postma, clitsome, pardy, and Depres? Perrault and schiefele are loving playing with Frolik (as does everyone else that gets to play with him) so we are going to go with

LLW
PS?
KLG
TSP

If the injury's ever hit the forwards with that group we would move Thorbs up? Maybe Peluso? And that isn't even filling in that 2nd line spot. And buff has shown through his play that he isn't going back there long term.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006

Peluso will get moved to Defense before Morrissey is brought.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why does he need to trade anyone? Feb 1st all our D will be back, Kane should be back. If we trade a forward for another D we will have, Buff, chariot, Enstrom, Bogo, Stuart, Trouba, Harrison, postma, clitsome, pardy, and Depres? Perrault and schiefele are loving playing with Frolik (as does everyone else that gets to play with him) so we are going to go with

LLW
PS?
KLG
TSP

If the injury's ever hit the forwards with that group we would move Thorbs up? Maybe Peluso? And that isn't even filling in that 2nd line spot. And buff has shown through his play that he isn't going back there long term.

I think it's more of a future issue at forward.

If you consider adding Burmi, Ehlers and Petan, you have a pretty full roster of top-9 forwards. It's a nice "problem" to have, but at some point I could see the Jets trading a middle-6 forward for a younger and higher end LHD.

On the other hand, if the prospects pan out, the following might be a seriously competitive line-up in a couple of years.

LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Perreault-Burmi-Frolik
Petan-Lowry-Peluso (I think Maurice is always going have a helmet puncher)

For the Corsiphiliacs, the above line-up should bring a smile.

Enstrom-Trouba
Morrissey-Buff
Stuart-Bogo

tucker22*

Aug 8, 2012

If you consider adding Burmi, Ehlers and Petan, you have a pretty full roster of top-9 forwards. It's a nice "problem" to have, but at some point I could see the Jets trading a middle-6 forward for a younger and higher end LHD.

On the other hand, if the prospects pan out, the following might be a seriously competitive line-up in a couple of years.

LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Perreault-Burmi-Frolik

Enstrom-Trouba
Morrissey-Buff
Stuart-Bogo

I agree. If this was 2 or 3 years down the road, trading a player like Frolik wouldn't be needed as much as he is this year, but right now.... we need him terribly. I think rushing Ehlers or Petan would be a mistake. We wanted to do that with Schiefele and if management would have done what the fans wanted...I don't think it would have worked out as good as it has. We need a constant push of players from the minors. Empty that trail too quickly and who do we bring up next? Lipon, O'Dell or our next 18 year old draftee? Burmi will be back next year. Hopefully another good pickup like we got with Perrault in the summer. Then we will be set.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Perreault-Burmi-Frolik

Enstrom-Trouba
Morrissey-Buff
Stuart-Bogo

Do want. Now. 4 real forward lines, and a very well balanced D.

I do wish we could get Stuart out of the D line-up though. Given how well Chiarot has played with Buff, I'd like to see:

Enstrom - Trouba
Chiarot - Buff
Morrissey - Bogo

Chiarot is a much better than Stuart, and has a bomb of a shot. Seems to do well paired with Buff. That allows you to ease Morrissey into the line-up as well.

If I were opposing forwards, I'd keep my head up. ;)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Perreault-Burmi-Frolik

Enstrom-Trouba
Morrissey-Buff
Stuart-Bogo

Hutch
Hellejesus

Lets add some goalies.

:amazed:

wow. Me likey.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

LLW
Kane-Scheif-Ehlers
Petan-Lowry-Burmi
Galiardi-Slater-Peluso

Enstrom-Trouba
Despres-Buff
Stuart/Harrison - Bogo

Yup. I wouldn't list Harrison on D though. Chiarot belongs in his spot. With Buff on D I like the idea of carrying 8 D since Buff can cover for a F injury so I also keep Postma. That is a pretty strong D corps. With that it would be easy to send Morrissey to the A for a year of seasoning and then he would push Stu out the year after.

Replacing Fs next year with Burmi, Petan/Ehlers and a FA should work well. It means a bit of a patch job for the rest of this year but having Depres would make up for that to some extent.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Looking at these proposed line-ups, this is legitimately the first time I've thought we don't have enough room on our roster for all the good, deserving players.

Good lord, is Chevy's plan working?

Either that, or Maurice's coaching has made (almost) everyone look good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad