Eller offer sheet

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by HabsRockBruinsChoke, Nov 14, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. HabsRockBruinsChoke

HabsRockBruinsChoke Registered User

We have 2 important RFAs this off-season and they are Subban and Eller... and with RFAs there comes the possibility of signing an offersheet.

I doubt Subban will sign an offersheet, just won't happen with the respect he has for/from the team and how he intend to stay in Montreal for the longer term. He would not think the risk is worth it. (plus it would be some ridiculous offersheet almost identical to Shea Weber's contract stint... I bet Nashville has regrets about the opportunity cost of four 1st rounders from Philly)

However, Eller on the other hand is more likely than Subban (not saying very likely in general) and his value is likely to climb moderately this season. His production during the beginning of the year has been ecstatic but the numbers have decelerated at this point... I predict that he will finish the season with around 25 goals 50 points IF the EGG line continues to be in the top 2, and will ask around $5 to $5.5mil a year for 4-6 years.

With his contract extension rumor not surfaced, there is really no assurance of Montreal's interest in him for the long term especially with the depth of centers we have in Galchenyuk, Bournival, Plekanec, and Briere (excluding DD in this situation since he will need to prove himself again in AHL or could be waived off to another team). Therrien prefers Galchenyuk to take the top 2 center role over Eller as we've seen when he put Chucky in the center position with Patches and Gally as his wingers... it is obvious that Chucky is developing at a much faster rate than Eller was. Even in 3 years we would have problem deciding who will center the top 2 lines since Chucky, Pleks and Bournival are all likely to be eligible for those roles.

Also, we really don't want another DD contract happening... I believe Eller can be successful but banking on 1 good season (if this season turns out well for him) and a decent prior season is risky for a big contract.

I look for the future when we eventually become a cup contending team and I just don't see it with Eller, to be honest I don't even see it with Pleks. In about 3-4 years when a lot of contracts run out, I believe the line ups will look like this:

Pacioretty - Bournival - Gallagher
    Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Collberg
    Prust - Vail - Andrighetto
    De la Rose - White - McCarron

Subban - Beaulieu
    Gorges - Emelin
    Tinordi - Nygren
    Dietz - Pateryn

Price
    Fucale

(UFA walkers: Markov, Bouillon, Briere, Plekanec, Moen, Bourque, Parros, Drewiske, Murray, Budaj)

If Eller's contract is between $4m-$5m, we would get two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder.

If his contract is over $5m we would get four 1st rounders.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Habskrieg

Habskrieg Registered User

I think if Eller leaves, it's either because he feals the Habs are lowballing him, another team offers way more or he's traded. IIRC, Eller said in an interview he was hoping to play for the Habs before he even knowing he was traded. It is possible he said that for PR, but I thin he was sincere. I think he likes it here and would want to re-sign.

3. Smokey Thompson

Smokey Thompson Registered User

Yup we become cup contenders in the future when Bournival becomes our #1 center, sounds about right to me.

:sarcasm:

Last edited by moderator Account Terminated: Nov 14, 2013
  4. hototogisu

hototogisu Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
    Winning the cup with a roster featuring 18 players drafted by the organization, not bad. Bettman should just hand the Cup directly to Timmins if that happens.

5. Rosso Scuderia

Rosso Scuderia Registered User

Yeah.. Vets are so overrated..

Seriously, are we still aiming at the cup or we just play for fun now?

What kind of line up is that? Looks more like a preseason line up in 2-3 years.

6. yoyo999

yoyo999 Registered User

Are you ok?

7. Pierre Dagenais

Pierre Dagenais pissening

Where's Ben Maxwell?

8. Richiebottles

Richiebottles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Living that Uni lifestyle
    There is no way we can run a team with this. This would get us like 15-20 wins in a year. Way to many rookies.

9. No More Subban

No More Subban Registered User

Ca sent la coupe

10. HabsRockBruinsChoke

There's a vet in every line except the third D-pairing.. (Galchenyuk can be a young vet at 23 like Toews).

I seriously don't see any problems in this line-up other than the fact that I can't predict trades. Right now with the way Bournival has been performing as a rookie he seems to have better scoring capabilities and seems more agile than Chucky, that's why he can be an accurate assumption as our cup-winning first line center. Plus the top 2 lines can alternate. Collberg and Lehkonen are doing well in their respective leagues and anyone can see them becoming top 6 wingers, as predicted during the draft day for Collberg at least, and in comparison Lehkonen has better numbers right now.

Vail has great numbers, check hockeydb, he could be fit to center the top 2, who knows, Andrighetto could also move up to top 6 if he beefs up a little and continues his stellar performance.

De la Rose and McCarron as wingers on the checking line? seems pretty darn reasonable.

After Beaulieu, I believe Nygren is our best defensive prospect, look at his size and numbers, all he needs now is NHL experience. Only reason he might not be in the top 4 is because of the top 4 that I mentioned.

Fucale will need to start developing within 3 years... there's no way we're keeping our next goalie in the minors for longer than that.

11. Smokey Thompson

good question :laugh:

12. Tyson

Tyson Registered User

Good question

13. Dagistitsyn

Dagistitsyn Registered User

Saw this line up other thread and knew you would get ripped for it.

I like your crystal ball, but my crystal ball says Vail and Lehkonen don't even make the NHL. Bournival a first line center on a cup contending team? Nope.

Terrible line up anyways.

Last edited by moderator hototogisu: Nov 14, 2013
  14. HabsRockBruinsChoke

Dude which part do you not get about 3-4 years? these "rookies" would have at least 2 years of experience under their belt by then, most of them 3 years and be at around 25 years of age.

15. Smokey Thompson

Collberg is not doing well in the SEL.

Vail was cut from the US WJC team despite being one of the older guys at the camp, his development is not going according to plan, of course he's a going to be a top 2 center :nod:

16. Richiebottles

Richiebottles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Living that Uni lifestyle
    But like 80 % of our players would be said 25 year olds. Probably about 3-4 of those guys will become legit NHL player. The rest well....

17. SnapVirus

SnapVirus Registered User

Agent
    that line up is berk.

Look what our team looked like 4 years ago, and look at it now. **** CHANGES.

18. HabsRockBruinsChoke

Collberg's injury is on and off this season, when he was healthy he was doing good.

Again.. with Vail i said 3-4 years like everyone else in the roster. You're all acting like the lineup I posted was what I wanted starting in 2014..

19. Rosso Scuderia

Rosso Scuderia Registered User

:facepalm:

I won't go too deep into this conversation but come on man You think our entire AHL team will graduate and all be NHLers and we gonna go on a cup run with that line up?

20. HabsRockBruinsChoke

Could happen, I can mention trades that might happen within 3-4 years as well but that would receive more criticism than the "bonus 2 cents lineup prediction" that I posted about a main topic of Eller's potential offersheet.

Ya'll are getting off-topic.

21. Pierre Dagenais

Pierre Dagenais pissening

Collberg
    McCarron
    Vail
    Hudon
    Lehkonen
    Andrighetto
    De La Rose
    Nygren
    Dietz
    Pateryn

If you think all these prospects will be full-time NHLers, I've got some bad news for you. In the best case scenario, not more than 4-5 from the list will make the NHL and be a regular NHLer.

22. HabsRockBruinsChoke

So? what's your point? you can predict that 4 of them makes the roster then I predict that all of them do, you could be more right but I could end up being right in the end, you don't have a crystal ball and neither do I so I did it for entertainment of optimism on what it could be like, given the resources we have right now and ignoring the trades that would come along the way. Its not a 100% prediction I don't have psychic abilities but I'm sorry that you think I do.

23. Feintastic

Feintastic Registered User

lmao Bournival as 1st center :P

Bournival will be an excellent 3rd liner, 2nd at best MAYBE one day

24. sheed36

sheed36 Registered User

What got me on board was White making the cut and playing on the 4th line so I'm fine with it.. :)

25. Feintastic

Feintastic Registered User

I know its all for fun though loll

but I think our ''center line'' will be more like this :

Galchenyuk
    Eller
    De La Rose

assuming they will trade eventually Plekanec(or Eller? who knows) De La Rose will be the perfect defensive 3rd center