Eller already in the doghouse?

Habtchum*

He couldn't do nothing when the lockout was on.

If he trades Subban and get an horrible return i guess it will cost him his job, it's a lot more safe to sign him.

On Eller one of the 3 centers is gonna have to be traded, Eller fits the profile as a scape goat but still since he was traded for Halak he must hold more value to the organisation or it would have mean they did a bad trade with St louis ( which they did should have asked for Oshie or Berglund but whatever)

I like Eller a lot and i think he can be a 2nd line center but maybe because he is shy coach think he lacks intensity, for what i have seen him play the last 2 years he had some good nights and some bad nights just like everyone but he was never soft, always battled for the puck and played a reliable defensive game.

This kid deserves to play.

No doubt. But on a wing on a top-six, or at center in the bottom-six.
Things can change fast in case of injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If going forward this season, our organisation feel more confortable with Galchenyuk as the third line center, we might trade Eller.

A trade i would look for, is Eller vs Kassian. Dreger said yesterday that Vancouver is looking for a young center and the Habs need a powerforward with skill + meanstreak for years.

That would be fair.

I have the impression Eller would look good with the Sedins.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He's not a week into his job, he's had his job since last summer. Thus far I don't like what I've seen of him.

I'd love to be wrong, but he's off to a bad start in my opinion.

Way too early to condemn him but I agree the Subban negotiation and hire of Lefebvre for Hamilton are two red flags.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
MAG did not paint a rosy picture for Eller on TSN just now. Said that Eller is definitely not a Michel Therrien kind of player and that he likely had his mind made up about him before even stepping on the ice.

Yeesh.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
MAG did not paint a rosy picture for Eller on TSN just now. Said that Eller is definitely not a Michel Therrien kind of player and that he likely had his mind made up about him before even stepping on the ice.

Yeesh.
Saw that. Not good.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Eller will be in the lineup next game. 'Cause the type of player that Therrien loves in White took, again, some stupid penalties.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Yeesh.

I like MAG but i don't believe this preconceive notion. Please tell me....is Rene Bourque Therrien's type of player? If Therrien had his mind made up about him before stepping on the ice, with the season he had last year, wouldn't Bourque be the first one benched? Guess what...he got PROMOTED! Eller was a victim of circumstances.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Yeesh.
Managerial overhaul yet similar irritating development/handling of youth/talent (Eller, Leblanc, and Subban on a different matter).

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
I hope Eller plays next game, even if we won tonight and I like White, he takes stupid penalties (The 5min against Panthers excluded)

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Eller will be in the lineup next game. 'Cause the type of player that Therrien loves in White took, again, some stupid penalties.

And? White brings way too much energy to this team right now. That whole 4th recked havoc all game long tonight, no way they get seperatd. I love Eller, but Galchenyuk is just too good and until Plekanec is traded, he and Desharnais aren't going anywhere.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
And? White brings way too much energy to this team right now. That whole 4th recked havoc all game long tonight, no way they get seperatd. I love Eller, but Galchenyuk is just too good and until Plekanec is traded, he and Desharnais aren't going anywhere.

White is still learning himself. "Bringing energy" shouldn't make you any more untouchable than skill does. White is a great asset but he needs to stop taking such stupid penalties. Better teams are going to punish us for that.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

You are seriously overrating the impact Gally has had on any of the games so far.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Somebody with more experience in competitive sports, please,

How could any coach hate Eller? What is it about him that could be irritating to a coach? I just can't see it.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
You are seriously overrating the impact Gally has had on any of the games so far.

I agree and I think a lot of people are overrating galchenyuk's play the last couple of games because of where he was picked. The best play I've seen from gally was on the pp, same goes for most players. Other than that other then a few individual plays by him, he hasn't had much success in his role, mostly because the chip it in and grind play style isn't his strong suit. If people want to see galchenyuk at his best he has to be given good line mates and get top six minutes(same goes for eller) and I don't think therrien trusts galchenyuk enough to be playing on the top lines nor is he willing to move desharnais or plekanec to make space for him. So I believe eller would be better suited for 3rd line centre since he is big enough to play a grinding role, and he is more reliable defensively than galchenyuk as well as playing the last two years on the third line gives him the experience to play the role well.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Somebody with more experience in competitive sports, please,

How could any coach hate Eller? What is it about him that could be irritating to a coach? I just can't see it.

I don't really understand this either, I remember last year when cunneyworth, out of nowhere decided to scratch eller. It seems like he's the coaches whipping boy even though he has never said anything or done anything wrong.

If I was eller I would pretty pissed off right right now since the lack of intensity excuse doesn't really work, the whole ******* team lacked intensity, you can't point fingers at eller for that. If you are however, point your fingers at desharnais cole, plekanec, paccioretty those are the guys that were supposed to bring the offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->