Elite 2008 eligible players -- world wide

World Hockey Connect

Apr 25, 2007
I've been out of the prospect scene for awhile and may be picking up some writing stints. I'm wondering who are the elite players in the 2008 draft class world-wide.

I'd like to know:

• The player's name
  • where they're from
  • who they'll play for next season (team and league)
  • a link to where I can keep up on their progess or link to a video where I can watch them play.

I'll start (with no surprise).

Hope you all like the bullets and the colors! ^ __ ^

Last edited:

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Jeeze I bet you really hope you're convincing scouts with your Patrice ads. They're very nicely colored Mr.Cormier!

Stamkos, Steven
Del Zotto, Micheal
Pietrangelo, Alex
Sauve, Yann
Caron, Rimouski Kid
Filatov, Nikita
Teubert, Colton
Doughty, Drew

msky

Dec 12, 2006
Vyacheslav Voinov, top russian defenceman on last u-18 tourney (gold medalist, 1+4, +4), one of the youngest players (if not youngest) on last WJC (silver medalist, 1+0, +2). Has already played in 31 games in RSL. He was born in Chelyabinsk, like Sergei Gonchar :)

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Jeeze I bet you really hope you're convincing scouts with your Patrice ads. They're very nicely colored Mr.Cormier!

Stamkos, Steven
Del Zotto, Micheal
Pietrangelo, Alex
Sauve, Yann
Caron, Rimouski Kid
Filatov, Nikita
Teubert, Colton
Doughty, Drew

Caron is 2009, not '08

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
Some from the q
1:Mark Barberio
2:Shawn Morin-Boutin
3:Kevin poulin
4:Antoine Tardif
5:Phillipe Cornet
6:Alexander Neron
7:Chris Doyle
8:Luke Adam
9:Maxime Sauve
10:Kelsey Tessier

Transported Upstater

Some from the q
1:Mark Barberio
2:Shawn Morin-Boutin
3:Kevin poulin
4:Antoine Tardif
5:Phillipe Cornet
6:Alexander Neron
7:Chris Doyle
8:Luke Adam
9:Maxime Sauve
10:Kelsey Tessier

Wasn't Tessier the kid who would have gone higher in the midget draft had he not threatened to go NCAA?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Alex Pietrangelo
Mississauga Ice Dogs
OHL.

This guy is money.

i have heard he is good. i would love to see him play. i have heard he's a great offensive d-man, but thats pretty much all i know at this point. can anyone give me a scout report on him???

Buddhaa

Feb 12, 2006
Riga, Latvia
From Latvia:
Edgars Apelis (born 23.11.1989) - a decent defenceman with size (6'2, 198), played for team Riga 20
Roberts Bukarts (born 27.06.1990) - the leading Latvian offensive player from all players born in 1990, had 1+3=4 points in 6 games in U18 and lead the team with 21 shots on goal. Played for junior team Saga Riga.
Roberts Jekimovs (born 11.11.1989) - played with Riga 20, a decent offence player.

We will see if any of these players gets drafted in the CHL import draft - this should determine their future for next year.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
Jimmy Hayes - Dorchester, MA - NTDP - 6'3 200 lbs.

Will be attending BC after next season.
From what I've seen he is ranked 10-15 in most peoples eyes, but I think he move into the top 5 easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->