Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
not NHLers, but three guys that would have improved the Swedish team IMO

Jonas Johansson
Misha Joukov
Marcus Jonasén

PEli*

Czech Republic - Petr Vrana. Had a shoulder injury and was expected to miss more time than he did. Made his return in Halifax last night.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Canada
Rick Nash omg already 23 goals
Patrice Bergeron Such a great play maker
Erik Staal
Nathan Horton
Pierre-Marc Bouchard Smart player with great hockey sense.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Draft Guru,
Jonasén is injured
Joukov did not get his citizen papers in time
Johansson is not popular with the coach

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
go pierre hedin said:
What eligible players are not at the 2004 WJC's?

For each country... ?

EDIT: These are important players... guys in the NHL and stuff.

I know this is not a big secret but

USA-Rob Schremp

I heard he might not play for them next year since he wasn't asked this year. Any truth to this?

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Crosbyfan said:

USA-Rob Schremp

I heard he might not play for them next year since he wasn't asked this year. Any truth to this?
Yes it is,he said that he take that like a real slap in the face.

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
Ukrainian Goaltender Mykola Voroshnov is not at the tournament.

Voroshnov was the reason the Ukrainians are in the A pool after he put up a tremendous performance as a 17-year old last year in Division I.

He was to be the #1 goalie this year for Ukraine, but when he returned to Ukraine to prepare for the tournament, the team informed him that 'he had his chance last year and it was time for someone else to get a chance.'

Voroshnov is playing Junior A in Ontario with the Kanata Stallions, and should be the #1 for the Ukrainians, and because the federation are idiots, he is left out in the cold. The Ukrainian federation payed for his flight back home and everything, and up until he got there, he was the #1 goalie. He is only 18, and is 6'4", 215 lbs.

What a joke the Ukrainian federation is....

I am not saying the Ukraine would be leading the tournament, but at least they wouldn't be emberassed by allowing 19 goals in 2 games (and probably another dozen tomorrow)....

What a joke.

finzup77r

Apr 9, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Stevenet said:
Ukrainian Goaltender Mykola Voroshnov is not at the tournament.

Voroshnov was the reason the Ukrainians are in the A pool after he put up a tremendous performance as a 17-year old last year in Division I.

He was to be the #1 goalie this year for Ukraine, but when he returned to Ukraine to prepare for the tournament, the team informed him that 'he had his chance last year and it was time for someone else to get a chance.'

Voroshnov is playing Junior A in Ontario with the Kanata Stallions, and should be the #1 for the Ukrainians, and because the federation are idiots, he is left out in the cold. The Ukrainian federation payed for his flight back home and everything, and up until he got there, he was the #1 goalie. He is only 18, and is 6'4", 215 lbs.

What a joke the Ukrainian federation is....

I am not saying the Ukraine would be leading the tournament, but at least they wouldn't be emberassed by allowing 19 goals in 2 games (and probably another dozen tomorrow)....

What a joke.
Watching the Canada-Ukraine game I don't know why the cut that kid, he is 6'4 and their 2 other goalies don't look like they would be 6'4 combined.

X-SHARKIE

4 Players I wish that wouldve made the WJC's.

1. Milan Michalek: He was injured early in the season, coming back way ahead of scheadule but still not ready, may have not even been there because the Sharks were using him quite a bit.
2. Steve Bernier: Another Shark, wouldve been fun to watch and see where he is at :)
3. Josh Hennessy: Once again a Shark, playing great in the Q but America likes to take guys who stuck with the USNTDP. Somthing he did not.
4. Robbie Schremp: great player got robbed of a chance of a life time.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Crosbyfan said:

USA-Rob Schremp

The exact quote from him is that he'd "have to think about it."

Hopefully he'll realise that playing for Team USA isn't the same thing as playing for USA Hockey. I'd hate to see a player like him miss the tournament when he could be attending.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
4 Players I wish that wouldve made the WJC's.

1. Milan Michalek: He was injured early in the season, coming back way ahead of scheadule but still not ready, may have not even been there because the Sharks were using him quite a bit.
2. Steve Bernier: Another Shark, wouldve been fun to watch and see where he is at :)
3. Josh Hennessy: Once again a Shark, playing great in the Q but America likes to take guys who stuck with the USNTDP. Somthing he did not.
4. Robbie Schremp: great player got robbed of a chance of a life time.

Bernier doesn't seem to be having such a great year so far and that could've been part of the decision not to invite him to camp.

It's interesting because, Bernier was Canada's second leading scorer at the IIHF World U18 tourney this past April where Canada won GOLD. Both himself and Pouliot(who was the leading scorer in April and who is injured right now) are not in Finland. I would guess guys like Bernier, Perry, Fehr, etc. will be automatic selections next year as Canada should be the heavy favourite to win GOLD in North Dakota.

Team Finland could-have-been`s

1. Valtteri Tenkanen: Strong two-way center with good attitude. He had couple of injuries this season (slapshot to the jaw and ankle injury). May have been the top candidate from the JYP juniors team that lead juniors league in regular seasons standings, but that ankle injury spoiled his chances to make the team. Has played also lot with men`s team.

2.Jaakko Viljanen: skillfull playmaking center. Could have brought that skill that Team Finland lacks. Very injury-prone and was injured during the final selection process. Rumours about poor work attitude tells that the boy refused to go to some Russian tournament few months ago if selected.

3. Tommi Tervo: small butterfly goalie. Was very high (second place) on Central Scouting Bureau`s list of european born goalies, but was dropped on the final list. Has avoided draft due to his small build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->