Confirmed with Link: Elie signs 1 year, 2-way deal worth $700k

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Capfriendly now updated to show his minors salary as $300,000. With a minimum guaranteed salary of $400,000.

Wow. I wonder how many AHL guys are getting salaries that high? One things for sure, he’s not going to be 300% better than any other player on the Amerks. Or even close. I’d say his agent did pretty good for him with this one.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Still don't get why people are upset by this signing. He's actually pretty good in the AHL, and Rochester is in need of good players right now.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Still don't get why people are upset by this signing. He's actually pretty good in the AHL, and Rochester is in need of good players right now.

Not sure anyone is upset by it, more just amused by his use of arbitration than anything. It is funny if nothing else.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Not sure anyone is upset by it, more just amused by his use of arbitration than anything. It is funny if nothing else.
Yeah he gambled on a one-way deal (which was a long shot) and lost. Lazar and co. were brought in on one-way deals because they were UFAs, Elie doesn't have that leverage. Guess that was worth losing the extra $35,000 to him.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think you hear complaints from the casual fan who is only a fan of the Sabres. Some just want to see production and wins for the big club and don't care/understand about depth signings.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Yeah he gambled on a one-way deal (which was a long shot) and lost. Lazar and co. were brought in on one-way deals because they were UFAs, Elie doesn't have that leverage. Guess that was worth losing the extra $35,000 to him.

I think he knew that. He was gambling for more minor league and guaranteed salary which is where he is most likely to end up. But his greatest desire would be to earn an NHL spot, get claimed on waivers, or get called up. Earning NHL minimum will at least not be a deterrent to a team who is watching the salary cap.

There was another Sabres/Amerks player that did this recently. (maximized AHL salary, but "sacrificed" NHL salary). I wish I could remember who that was.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think you hear complaints from the casual fan who is only a fan of the Sabres. Some just want to see production and wins for the big club and don't care/understand about depth signings.

Social media seems to bring out Joe and Jame Casual Fan. Hell, it seems like every time the team announces anything it is caterwauling about royal blue or a center or some who hits/fights like the game has not changed in 20 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->