WWE: Elias

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Since my Bray Wyatt thread did quite well and I enjoyed the comments of everyone I've decided to start this one with my second favourite wrestler currently in the WWE. He's very over with the fanbase and if done right could receive a nice push. What do you guys consider his ceilling?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's not over with the fanbase, his catch phrases are.

His ceiling is what it is right now in the spots he's being put in right now. He's not good enough in the ring to credibly hold a title, and the crowds die as soon as his matches start.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i just cant.
he does make me laugh in his promos, but i wouldnt care if he disappears.
simply not a good wrestler and what we get already seems to much. i dont want him holding a title or getting a push.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
His ceiling is low tier time filler.

He's bad at wrestling, so you can't ever push him. People don't get into his matches and he makes his opponents look bad, a terrible combination.

He'll be fine so long as the fans are not bored of his segments, but it'll happen eventually and he'll have to come up with something new and that might not get over as well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m over anything he does that isn’t talking.

He sucks and he’s boring, and his segments are just time fillers and don’t advance or do anything.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
He's not over with the fanbase, his catch phrases are.

His ceiling is what it is right now in the spots he's being put in right now. He's not good enough in the ring to credibly hold a title, and the crowds die as soon as his matches start.

This is simply not true. He's able to draw heat every week in his delivery, which differs for every city. How many other true heels have had the audience chanting along with them? And he drew nuclear level heat in Seattle that was not of the "go-away" variety. That is a rare feat both now and historically. It's not his fault that he was so good at what he did that Vince (?) turned him face for a bit. That's how over HE was, not just his catch phrases.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That segment with Elias and KO is probably the best over the last year. Absolute gold.

That said, yeah, he's boring as hell in the ring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is simply not true. He's able to draw heat every week in his delivery, which differs for every city. How many other true heels have had the audience chanting along with them? And he drew nuclear level heat in Seattle that was not of the "go-away" variety. That is a rare feat both now and historically. It's not his fault that he was so good at what he did that Vince (?) turned him face for a bit. That's how over HE was, not just his catch phrases.

His entire act is insulting the city he's in to get cheap heat. He got lucky in Seattle, the same way Shawn Michaels was lucky he was in Montreal in 2005. Then the match starts and the crowd goes to sleep. That's why his face run only lasted 3 months, which only happened because Roman left and Dean turned.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I've said it a million times, I'll say it again.

Elias is excellent at getting cheap heat. That's about all he has going for him.

He has absolutely zero appeal as a face, and although he has improved in the ring, his improvement has consisted of "being literally unsafe" to "bore the audience to death".

Being a manager with the very rare opportunity in the midcard title scene is probably the best option for him. He could be used as an adequate jumping off point for a heel transitioning to a face in that scenario.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
He gets a better reaction out of the crowd than probably anybody on the roster. In an era where heels are barely heels because the crowd still likes them...Elias perfected the skill of getting nuclear heat.

Having said that. His ceiling is fairly limited due to being the most ordinary in the ring. He'll probably win the IC or Tag Title at some point in his career but not much more.

He's very good at what he does and as long as the WWE doesn't start acting like he's more than that...all is well.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Id be perfectly fine if he won an IC or Tag Title at some point. I think that's all he's got unless he either vastly improves in the ring or a program he's in just catches absolute fire.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'd say he's reached his ceiling - low level mid card guy. This is a case of WWE doing right by a guy given his skillset. He's not good in ring but his general act is enjoyable. Let him come out, entertain the crowd a bit, and get squashed most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad