Elias replaces Prucha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Kush

Jan 29, 2003
Visit site
It has been confirmed in Czech papers today that Elias is going to play for the Czech's at the olympics. While it is sad to see Prucha miss out after having such a great start in NY, no doubt Elias will bring much more to the table (especially with no Havlat).

SChan*

that's a nice upgrade for the czechs. Their team is having the least amount of drop outs.

shawn_kemp*

when every other country loses a player to injury, everyone is like "OMG, we're done!"

when the Czechs lose a player, it's an upgrade!!! wow, scary!

SChan*

shawn_kemp said:
when every other country loses a player to injury, everyone is like "OMG, we're done!"

when the Czechs lose a player, it's an upgrade!!! wow, scary!

you're telling me that Elias isnt an upgrade this point of their careers?

JoeLH

Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
While most of the other teams have impact losses, the Czechs replace Prucha with Elias ... not bad ...

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Yeah, this is a major upgrade. Even if Prucha has been excellent in Rangers I must say that the way Elias has been playing since he returned he's been totally amazing. So this is an upgrade for sure.

The Czechs will be awesome, so will be Canadians be and hopefully Sweden. I also hope that Russia will show great efforts, even though their goaltending is shaky I can't wait to see Ovechkin together with Kovalchuck and Datsuyk on the powerplay :eek:

GnomE

Mar 17, 2005
I think everybody would agree with me that leaving Elias of the roster was a stupid decision (even though he didn't return yet at that time). If he wouldn't have been able to play then he could have been replaced--not the other way around. What if Prucha and no other forward got injured? They would have been left without easily their second best forward just because they didn't expect him to recover.

Having said that, Prucha is a piece of the puzzle that will be missed. Probably would have scored a few clutch goals.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
hockeyman28 said:
understatement of the century. Elias is the best czech in the world, maybe behind Jagr.

He may be 41 but the man behind the mask in front of the cage would probably still give them both a run for their money as the best Czech in the world.

RangersFan88*

sabresfan65 said:
He may be 41 but the man behind the mask in front of the cage would probably still give them both a run for their money as the best Czech in the world.

he's right :yo:

EventHorizon

Bring Back Ties!
GnomE said:
I think everybody would agree with me that leaving Elias of the roster was a stupid decision (even though he didn't return yet at that time). If he wouldn't have been able to play then he could have been replaced--not the other way around. What if Prucha and no other forward got injured? They would have been left without easily their second best forward just because they didn't expect him to recover.

Having said that, Prucha is a piece of the puzzle that will be missed. Probably would have scored a few clutch goals.

I have a feeling if Prucha hadn't gotten hurt, someone else would have wound up "injured", if you know what I mean.

C-J...*

WE just lost the player with second most points in the 21:st century, and replaced him with a 4:th-liner from Detroit.

What nationality do I have? :confused:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Starshollow said:
WE just lost the player with second most points in the 21:st century, and replaced him with a 4:th-liner from Detroit.

Look at this way.

You replaced a perennial choker in big games with a PP monster who plays with Lidstrom as his point-man in Detroit.
A player like Holmstrom can win you the tournament in a competition as short as the Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->