Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Calder Trophy winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
the next yakupov? He doesn't think the game anywhere close to an NHL level. He can't even be groomed into a decent 3rd liner like Virtanen.

Buying low, everyone thinks hes a bust. His cost went from untradeable to possibly a 2nd

I prefer this kind of trade than a granlund vey or pouliot

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The ever-present stat chart is missing games played. That would put Pettersson's stats into better perspective.

Pettersson is so awesome that I'm actually becoming desensitized to his awesomeness: Yep, not even one season in.

"Oh, so he's only on pace for 90 points in his rookie season? Call me when he's in contention for the Art Ross or just stahp. Seriously."

To sum up, records will be broken.

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Strange as it is, I don’t think he has had his true break-out game yet. His ceiling is so high. He needs his team mates to somehow tune in on his level of thinking. For instance, when he starts to cycle, someone just dumps the puck at net. When he starts a rush, someone just dumps it low. Compare with the Sharks, when they start to cycle, everyone seems tuned in. It shouldn’t be that hard...

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
What hasn't been mentioned is that this kid is going to attract talent all on his own. I actually think players will think of signing here now just for a chance to play with him. He's going to be that good.
Well with boeser established on his RW, a LW would be enticed. If only there was a high skilled superstar LW becoming a UFA this summer.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
What hasn't been mentioned is that this kid is going to attract talent all on his own. I actually think players will think of signing here now just for a chance to play with him. He's going to be that good.

I think this would be more believable if more quality FAs flocked to Edmonton and took team favourable deals.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Which is why Karlsson isn’t a huge reach as a FA

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Few tidbits:

-surpassed Nolan Patrick's career point total in 75 less games.
-his current 26 goals is more than Jack Eichel has ever scored in an NHL season.
-already has 2 more points than Nico Hischier did in his rookie campaign in 33 less games.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that we are done comparing him to the tier 2 nhl stars...his comparables going forward are going to be the Patrick Kanes, Johnny Gaudreaus, and Connor McDavids of the league.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015

I responded to the wrong post

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Strange as it is, I don’t think he has had his true break-out game yet. His ceiling is so high. He needs his team mates to somehow tune in on his level of thinking. For instance, when he starts to cycle, someone just dumps the puck at net. When he starts a rush, someone just dumps it low. Compare with the Sharks, when they start to cycle, everyone seems tuned in. It shouldn’t be that hard...

This is spot on. People are seriously downplaying what he is actually doing playing with less talent than basically any other superstar in the league especially on D. A Mark Stone and a legit 1st pairing D would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->