Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. VIII: Is actually an eight-brained octopoid monster from Planet Ånge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
This is exactly why we dont want Elias to be Captain.

Imagine having to deal w. These morons of the media on a regular day to day basis.

Reactions: McCullogh

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
It's so f***ed - they could've easily asked him "So what are the next steps with the concussion protocol? What's the deciding factor on you returning to the ice?" or something innocuous and gotten a better answer, but instead they try to dig for dirt. Same thing with the SHL comment.

It's embarrassing.

Reactions: geebaan

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
If someone sees a tweet that implies he is withholding more information, it could result in re-tweets or responses to the original tweet (or even a pointless debate about it on HF Boards!) all of which draws attention to the original author's twitter presence. As much as I want to debate the definition of click bait in the EP thread, you can feel free to PM me if you like.
Botch being Botch. Drama queen. He knows exactly what he is doing and there is no franking way that EP would confide in him

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
One impression I had from Elias' season in the SHL (and WJC) is that he doesn't exactly love the media (or reporters specifically). He did a sit-down interview during the WC where he was asked about this and said something like "It's my job and it is what it is, but some reporters are more 'annoying' (my translation) than others, so stupid questions get stupid answers".

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
One impression I had from Elias' season in the SHL (and WJC) is that he doesn't exactly love the media (or reporters specifically). He did a sit-down interview during the WC where he was asked about this and said something like "It's my job and it is what it is, but some reporters are more 'annoying' (my translation) than others, so stupid questions get stupid answers".

He wouldn't be the first young hockey player to not enjoy talking to the media. He understands that it's part of his job which is good.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Looks like the 650 microphone moves in and out when those two dumb questions were asked at the end. Is that Andrew Walker asking those dumb questions?
Andrew Walker has a distinctive voice .. that wasn't it.
650 asked the second to last question it seems with the microphone mov't.. the last question came from someone sounding different than that..

I really wanna who it was outta a curiosity aspect..

Pettersson's reaction was awesome...
From getting drilled all summer over his weight, to now a question about whether he wants to go home... the kid is already done with the media here.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
****ing reporters. It's like when Jeff Paterson asked Quinn Hughes if it was coming out of both ends when he had the flu. Like you don't know him like that, that's unprofessional.

That was Kuzma, if memory serves.

I hope Elias learns to take the media lightly as time passes. He's young still, and he will learn. Learn from Linden and from Gillis. The media can work for you and against you. The latter road is the harder path.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
That was Kuzma, if memory serves.

I hope Elias learns to take the media lightly as time passes. He's young still, and he will learn. Learn from Linden and from Gillis. The media can work for you and against you. The latter road is the harder path.

I'm sure he already realizes that the majority of media types are non-athlete jockstrap sniffers who just want to hang around pro athletes. The ones in Vancouver especially seem as smart as chickens when it comes to the game.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Have they narrowed it down?

Pretty sure it was Farhan that asked the medical clearance question...

Allegedly it's a camera man who sometimes pipes in during scrums. But there's the school of thought he'd taking the fall for Jay Janover.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
What a ****ing tool. EP had already answered the first question with far more grace than anyone else in his position would have and then the reporter basically comes back with the same question but worded it to clown EP.

I'm glad EP didn't answer the question and just looked away. Asking such a question serves no purpose and requires no answer at all.

Reactions: Literally

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
They should give Pettersson at least another week. The kid is a franchise player and this isn't a playoff team so it make no sense to push it.
How do we know the Canucks didnt say that a week ago even if was cleared to play then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->