Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. VII | Enjoys: Being Mr. Everything, pronouncing it "Peter-son"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
Funny, I went through it and thought most people were fairly ok with the pick. Some super excited, most saying Pettersson wasn’t their top pick but he was an intriguing pick. A couple did freak out, one quite emphatically.

Not as bad as you’re suggesting.

Not as bad but some were quite funny.

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
If Pettersson is to be a Calder candidate this year, I imagine he's going to duel with Miro Heiskanen, who will be boosted by a team that is much better than ours:

Maybe mark these dates down:

December 1st @ home
March 17th @ Dallas
March 30th @ home
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

That was an amazing shift by Heiskanen. Watching it I was initially very jealous and then as it went on it just reminded me of Quinn Hughes and that made me happy.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
He obviously is fine with the English pronunciation and it's probably better than us trying badly to pronounce the Swedish, I just thought it was funny.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
can pettersson win calder with goldobin and a washed up eriksson as linemates? Doubtful, but possible I guess.

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
That was an amazing shift by Heiskanen. Watching it I was initially very jealous and then as it went on it just reminded me of Quinn Hughes and that made me happy.

Was watching that Dallas game as well, Heiskanen looks like the real deal, and better than how Dahlin is playing so far. I think he'll be faster than Quinn, but Quinn will have more agility to pivot away from checks and defenders/forecheckers.

Pettersson's skill shows because he's in the right spots to make a play all the time whether thats defensive or offensive. He also doesn't force something if the play isn't there. Would like to see him use his wrister more though.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Was watching that Dallas game as well, Heiskanen looks like the real deal, and better than how Dahlin is playing so far. I think he'll be faster than Quinn, but Quinn will have more agility to pivot away from checks and defenders/forecheckers.

Pettersson's skill shows because he's in the right spots to make a play all the time whether thats defensive or offensive. He also doesn't force something if the play isn't there. Would like to see him use his wrister more though.
hopefully his broken thumb hasnt affected his wrister

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
If Pettersson is to be a Calder candidate this year, I imagine he's going to duel with Miro Heiskanen, who will be boosted by a team that is much better than ours:

Maybe mark these dates down:

December 1st @ home
March 17th @ Dallas
March 30th @ home
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Barring a Klingberg injury, Heiskanen won't get a sniff of 1st PP unit. That will limit his offensive production to numbers that won't be enough to challenge for a calder.

What a f***in awesome D man Dallas has in him tho.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Fair nuff. They didn’t get their guy, that’s understandable. But they weren’t generally unhappy w Pettersson per se.
My mom, who saw on TSN/Sportsnet we were projected to take Glass, made this face when we picked Pettersson.

habs-fan.png

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Lol, I meant people were unhappy about the potential of picking Glass at 5th

I think most wanted Vilardi, followed by Glass, and then by Pettersson. Definitely there was more division on this pick than I’ve seen on most others. Most liked Vilardi but some hated him. Many liked Glass but many really didn’t want to take him. Pettersson was almost overlooked except by maybe 15% or so of posters who were in love with him and (rightly as it turns out) thought he’d be the best player in the draft. Props to those people for sure.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
No matter who we pick, there is a group of people who are happy and a group of people who are unhappy. I don't understand how this is so endlessly fascinating to people.

Reactions: alternate

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
No matter who we pick, there is a group of people who are happy and a group of people who are unhappy. I don't understand how this is so endlessly fascinating to people.

When you’ve been wrong about 98% of things, people get hungry to gloat about the 2% they weren’t.

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
This type of dichotomous thinking is sometimes expected when a fan doesn’t get “their” guy, but in the draft where EP was chosen there were a lot of players that could’ve been picked at 5 and no real clear consensus pick. This is not the same as when Juolevi was picked over over Tkackuk. MT was the clear consensus pick at 5. I still cringe over the thought of benning skipping over him.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
can pettersson win calder with goldobin and a washed up eriksson as linemates? Doubtful, but possible I guess.
I don't think Goldobin will hold him back at all. I think Goldobin is actually a really nice fit alongside Pettersson. He's probably the 2nd most talented player on the roster after Petterrsson. I think he can put it all together and they'll really gel together this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad