Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. IX | The 6th rookie since 1967 to put up multiple 5P games

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
We need a super powered- complimentary piece a la Anson Carter/burrows. We already have Boeser on Pettersons level, but an unexpected surprise that can finish Pettersons gifts would sure give more options to throw Boeser to Horvats line when needed.

Maybe Gagner can be Petey boys Anson Carter
or maybe we get a third first line talent and play them together.

E40

Nov 18, 2018
That one timer though, straight laser. Been a while since we had a forward with heavy slapper. Now we got Boeser and Petterson

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
A couple of non-Canuck fan friends of mine were asking about Pettersson’s goal scoring abilities and whether he’s a shoot first kind of player.

I told them that he’s actually a better playmaker than he is scorer, it’s just his line mates can’t finish to save their life.

He’s 12-7-19, but he really should be 12-17-29.

At first I really didn’t like how other teams were able to focus all of their defensive efforts around stopping him, but now I think there’s a lot to be gained from it. He will learn to adapt and find his spots, and make sure he takes advantage of any opportunity he gets.

Once he has better line mates and gets 5-6 opportunities a game instead of 2-3, he’s going to be an Art Ross contender.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
f*** the stanley cup, let's go step by step

step 1: pettersson calder
step 2: pettersson 100 points
step 3: pettersson art ross
step 4: pettersson rocket
step 5: pettersson hart
step 6: pettersson conn smythe

i'm good with that, can benning do it

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Pettersson feels like a seasoned vet. He looks like he expects goals every game, with minimal celebration. He also looks frustrated, if he gets held a second too long or if theres a bad offside call. You can see him shake his head a lot. Hope he doesnt get annoyed from losing too many games because its going to happen a lot this season. He seems timid from the outside, but he has this personality to him.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Pettersson feels like a seasoned vet. He looks like he expects goals every game, with minimal celebration. He also looks frustrated, if he gets held a second too long or if theres a bad offside call. You can see him shake his head a lot. Hope he doesnt get annoyed from losing too many games because its going to happen a lot this season. He seems timid from the outside, but he has this personality to him.
Sounds like Markus Naslund.

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm

Yeah, it is painfully obvious that he holds very high expectations of himself and the team overall and that losses won't cut it. Like you said, just look at the last goal he scored. No celebration, not even a smile - there was lots left to do before they could bag a win.

Becoming very clear he hates losing more than most.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
And eventually, he’s gonna clue into the fact that this management team’s pro scouting abilities are non-existent and he’s stuck on a team of plumbers that are on long term contracts.

This is the reality of things right now.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
And eventually, he’s gonna clue into the fact that this management team’s pro scouting abilities are non-existent and he’s stuck on a team of plumbers that are on long term contracts.

I'm pretty sure that's what a 20 year old in his first year of a 3 year contract thinks about. The management team's pro scouting abilities.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I’m willing to bet this management group is gone before Petterrson’s ELC expires so I’m not worried
And if they are still around then they somehow have struck gold in a few places and we are looking at a competitive team?
Honestly with Boeser and Edler back we are a different team all together

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Let's be honest. Vancouver is far, FAR from being a contender, or even a pretender.

I almost feel bad for P-ET.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

I think he just feel responsible for his team, it could happen that he get overambitious and take the games a bit TOO seriously, he have still things to learn I mean. He is used to have to be the guy to carry his teams offense from Swedish hockey, and that is probably still in him.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I'm pretty sure that's what a 20 year old in his first year of a 3 year contract thinks about. The management team's pro scouting abilities.

Yah it's ridiculous to think he might have opinions about the management style of the team he plays for. I mean, I definitely think the players are stupid, but to you they're like robots? Little hockey-obsessed homunculi? Do you think they feel love or sadness? Do they ever ponder what it means to be human?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
We better be good by the last year of EP's ELC.
Yup, that's the time line, or he will be sick and tired of being surrounded by guys with hands of cement and seeing the ice like... meh. You can pray he can gel with Boeser and Horvat and feel it's enough. The climate isn't a problem, he's Swedish.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Whats it like to feel bad for millionaires getting to play a sport they love and have the world on their fingertips?

Well as we all know, if you have money you will be happy no matter what and rich people have no emotions, insecurities, anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->