Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. IX | The 6th rookie since 1967 to put up multiple 5P games

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
He’s like a hybrid of Backstrom/Datsyuk except he has a lethal shot in his arsenal. But like a poster said before Pettersson is Pettersson. 10 Goals & 16 points in 10 games is amazing but what really stands out is his defensive game. It’s insane for a 19 year old rookie playing centre for the first time. The way he picks up on things, the pace is crazy, for example his faceoff percentage has drastically improved in weeks. Kids IQ is off the charts. His +6 also leads the team.

And its insane his defense is so good , given yes he's a 19 yr old center playing his first year in the NHL , but also playing center at 170 lbs

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Arguably his three worst games have come against Crosby, Toews and Bergeron. Not bad.

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Looks like my prediction from last season is true. Elias truly is the best swedish FW in the world. How he transitioned from AS to SHL like it was nothing as a 18/19 yo was a huge tell that the same would apply when moving to NHL. He has no ceiling

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

At this stage in their careers how much worse is Juice than Gudbranson? I'm actually asking I haven't followed Bieksa since he left, but I assume he's actually worse than Guddy

Kevin Bieksa said:
That goes a long way just to show you can’t go around drilling our guys from behind that are Swedish and young.

Marc Savard said:
I like a lengthy knob, Pettersson has a good lengthy knob

It's getting harder to convince American friends that they should watch hockey and to stop calling it gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'd say he would at the very least be as good.

Trade Gudbranson, 1/2 year Bieksa @2.5 to retire as a Canuck and cash in on some of Gudbranson's inflated value. Fan favorite comes home, Gudbranson f***s off, worst case scenario Casual Kev becomes Senior's Home Kev and we get Hughes. Ink it Benning!

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Trade Gudbranson, 1/2 year Bieksa @2.5 to retire as a Canuck and cash in on some of Gudbranson's inflated value. Fan favorite comes home, Gudbranson ****s off, worst case scenario Casual Kev becomes Senior's Home Kev and we get Hughes. Ink it Benning!
I think he kinda already is senior's home Kev. He's been shot as a hockey player for a couple of years already. Just check the Anaheim board ;)

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
At least we wouldn't be stuck with him for 4 mil per for another 3 years.
Yeah, no question. But bad deals are kind of the rule around here, not the exception. Sadly, we've become such a notorious retirement contract destination that any new gm is going to have his work cut out for him changing that impression with players.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Have Canucks, in recent memory ever had a player return? Bieksa? FFS!

Tryamkin at least makes sense. Canucks have been fine since they added Archibald. They need deterrent guys on the ice with Petterson. He is an emerging star and they need to protect him. Bieksa would be a good assistant coach.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Well it wasn't so much a realistic suggestion. I think Kev didn't sign anywhere else because he didn't want to move again. He's probably happily settled in Anaheim.

Bieksa should replace Garrett when he moves on to the golden arches in the sky

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Have Canucks, in recent memory ever had a player return? Bieksa? FFS!

Tryamkin at least makes sense. Canucks have been fine since they added Archibald. They need deterrent guys on the ice with Petterson. He is an emerging star and they need to protect him. Bieksa would be a good assistant coach.

Since you mentioned Tryamkin, I would say Rodin is a player who returned?

Well it wasn't so much a realistic suggestion. I think Kev didn't sign anywhere else because he didn't want to move again. He's probably happily settled in Anaheim.

Bieksa should replace Garrett when he moves on to the golden arches in the sky

I don't think Bieksa would be a good replacement for Garrett. Have you listened to Corey Hirsch? Obviously Bieksa would have more humour but I'm not sure Bieksa would have the "mood" to do all those broadcasts especially on the road.

Elitersson

Unregistered User
Feb 22, 2016
So what about the Boston game, how did he do?

Had one point, could've had one or two more, as usual. Even playing against the best defensive C in the league EP made stuff happen. Made a great cross-ice pass on the Hutton goal (he didnt get an assist) and set up Pouliot for a great chance after a slick zone entry and pass.

He's completing changing the outlook of this franchise.

Reactions: herm1978

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I love Bieksa so I’m all for him on the team, we need that grit he brings, he may not be much of a player these days but he won’t look the other way when guys take shots at our young stars.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I love Bieksa so I’m all for him on the team, we need that grit he brings, he may not be much of a player these days but he won’t look the other way when guys take shots at our young stars.

Bieksa knows true grit and how to protect players like EP40.

But nooooooo, it's nobody's fault cause nobody saw anything

Said it before, will say it again: that's such a f***ing pathetic excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->