Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
another filthy primary assist

unreal, last 2 games making plays Matthews hasn't made in the past 20 games

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I've been on that sarcasm run but real talk, smart $ is on Pettersson NOT being the 2nd best player after McDavid

but

between MacKinnon, McDavid, and Matthews I think the one area that rookie Pettersson has demonstrated being as good or better is his offensive zone iq. Kid passes when that's the best move, and shoots when it's time to shoot

the Gretzky and Datsyuk comparison is real

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Against Vlasic and Burns too. Very impressive. If you can fool Vlasic, you can pretty much fool any defenseman in the NHL.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Against Vlasic and Burns too. Very impressive. If you can fool Vlasic, you can pretty much fool any defenseman in the NHL.

Vlasic has been garbage the past 2 seasons

but still Pettersson shreds

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
5 ShOtS ON GoAL,,,, mOsTLY iN tIGHt, HiS sHoOting PeRCenTaGE iS GoINg dOWN

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Hey, want to make an avatar bet? I'll bet you this is not Elias Pettersson's highest scoring season of his career (gpg or ppg wise as he has been injured). Heck, I'll bet you he surpasses the gpg and ppg marks he sets this year within 2 seasons. Deal?

How about we bet that his gpg is lower next year than this year, and his shooting percentage is below 20%?

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
How about we bet that his gpg is lower next year than this year, and his shooting percentage is below 20%?

Under your conditions Pettersson could score 45 goals and I'd still lose...I don't consider that a bad sophomore season. You were trying to argue that Pettersson is likely having a career year in his rookie season.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Under your conditions Pettersson could score 45 goals and I'd still lose...I don't consider that a bad sophomore season. You were trying to argue that Pettersson is likely having a career year in his rookie season.

No. I said that the odds of him maintaining an out of this world shooting % is less likely than him having a career year in his rookie season.

Long odds of either thing happening, but his boosters think he can be an outlier in only positive things.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
No. I said that the odds of him maintaining an out of this world shooting % is less likely than him having a career year in his rookie season.

Long odds of either thing happening, but his boosters think he can be an outlier in only positive things.

I haven't heard anybody arguing he is likely to maintain his shot percentage. Are you going to try to argue that one of the best snipers in the league is going to play his entire career averaging 2 shots a game?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I haven't heard anybody arguing he is likely to maintain his shot percentage. Are you going to try to argue that one of the best snipers in the league is going to play his entire career averaging 2 shots a game?
I have. I have been told that he did it in Sweden ergo there is no reason he couldn't have the best shooting percentage in league history.

I think he's great btw.

I just think fans that assume he will be able to maintain an insanely high shooting percentage throughout his career are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I will also argue that in order to offset his insane shooting percentage he will have to become around a top ten shooter in the NHL in terms of volume. That's quite a jump.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Noone thinks his shooting pct will be 27. after tonight its already at 25

But we think he has potential to be a premier goal scoring center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad