Elias Pettersson drafted and youtubers gets mad.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Hey at least these are just random youtubers, in Ottawa one of our biggest hockey writers wrote a piece trashing the Karlsson pick when it happened. Sadly that is just the standard of writing we generally get.

In his defense I think almost everyone got it wrong with Karlsson except Ottawa's management.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Can't watch past the third clip. Petterson was the BPA in terms of talent and if these guys dont understand that thats the proper way to draft in the top 10 idk what theyre doing . Petterson was my favorote prospect going into that draft.

Also can these guys put any effort into their videos? Grainy video with bad sound quality. Have some pride in your work

Mountlaine

Feb 8, 2018
Pettersson played in Allsvenskan (2nd league in Sweden) not SHL when he was drafted

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I never understood why so many people feel the need to have an opinion on everything. This happens every year with draft picks. An "off the board" pick is made an people go bananas, when most of them never saw the player in question play. Meanwhile teams are scouting these kids on a consistent basis and have a lot of resources doing it.

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
Pettersson played in Allsvenskan (2nd league in Sweden) not SHL when he was drafted
That is absolutely correct...drafted 2017 (2019 NHL Draft)

And he was playing in the 2:nd league (In Sweden)

He had 41 points (19 goals, 22 assists)...Pretty good for a kid not old enough to buy beer in Sweden.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Allsvenskan also > OHL. Nearly a PPG by a 17 year old in that league is fantastic. By comparison, Mikael Backlund was a 1st round pick in 2007 after he scored 3 points in 18 allsvenskan games. Also Patrik Berglund was drafted in 1st round in 2006, when had scored 4 points in 21 allsvenskan games.

The step between the SHL and Allsvenskan isn't that big. A handful of teams in allsvenskan have played in the SHL in just the last few years. Even my local team (one of the best in division 1, Sweden's tier 3), would be able to win a game here and there if they played in the SHL. So the gap between the leagues here isn't close to the NHL > AHL > ECHL at all.

Last edited:

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
A lot of Rangers fans were very high on Pettersson and wanted him with the 7th overall pick.

I wanted Pettersson and Brannstrom among the swedes over Lias Andersson at the time. I honestly didnt think Andersson was an option for us at #7. Didnt feel like his potential was high enough, but he has done fine so far, but not great.
Point per game in the AHL this season so will be interesting to see if he can take the next step and be a legit top 6C in the NHL in the future.

From the reports i have heard, NYR was going to take Pettersson or Makar at 7 if any of them were available, but they got picked so they drafted Andersson.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
A lot of Rangers fans were very high on Pettersson and wanted him with the 7th overall pick.

I wanted Pettersson and Brannstrom among the swedes over Lias Andersson at the time. I honestly didnt think Andersson was an option for us at #7. Didnt feel like his potential was high enough, but he has done fine so far, but not great.
Point per game in the AHL this season so will be interesting to see if he can take the next step and be a legit top 6C in the NHL in the future.

From the reports i have heard, NYR was going to take Pettersson or Makar at 7 if any of them were available, but they got picked so they drafted Andersson.

canucks had a deal in place to trade down to 8 but once NYR traded to 7 they got cold feet

Pretty sure like 99% of people knew that Vancouver was gonna take Pettersson no matter what, and wasn’t there like an interview where they said if they had the #1 pick they still would’ve picked him. Man, people are dummmmb.

most people thought they were taking Glass, there are some embarrassing takes in the first draft thread. as for the 1oa, they never said who they would have taken just not nico or nolan

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011

Guess what...I´m a Swedish Ranger fan....and Ranges Euro scouting sucks. I really don´t know why they have a job. Lundqvist....yeah...great scouting...but other then that.

Snuuzi

Nov 3, 2017
LOL. The video is almost hateful because it makes them look so stupid. Watch it be taken down soon.

Klumppa

Jun 8, 2015
Been watching the hockey guy since 2016. I like how he does his videos. No screaming or early/mid/late video sponsors

Reactions: Ulysses31

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Was why did people think Pettersson was so off the board? I had my top 5 as Hishier, Patrick , Heiskanen, Vilardi and Pettersson. I thought they were going to pick Vilardi at the time but all the overreaction was crazy.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
You sound like you'd be a big fan of Mr. Steve Dangle.
I love getting some out of touch Leafs-fans videos on my recommended page on Youtube, when i happen to watch a video from Sportsnet channel once in a blue moon.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

It's still a league where he played against men, which is the point made by someone in that video. It's not a junior league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->