Elias Lindholm v Kasperi Kapanen

Elias Lindholm v Kasperi Kapanen

• Lindholm

• Kapanen

Results are only viewable after voting.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Well, now that Kapanen actually produces it has to be him beyond a shadow of doubt. His actual skillset is a lot higher-end, he's just about the fastest skater there is(or very close) and he has great hands. When he was younger, he had serious attitude issues and work ethic problems, but now he seems to be one of the harder working players around. Linholm on the other hand is a fine player who has potential to be a middling 1C, but he just doesn't have the standout attributes that Kapanen does.
That's cool that Kapanen has produced during this massive 7 game sample size but unfortunately Lindholm has too and actually has a higher PPG. If you think Lindholm will be an average 1C, that's even more reason to vote for him because Kapanen's absolute ceiling is a low end 1C.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Kapanen is much better then Par Lindholm but Elias on the other hand… lol

Jokes aside, Kapanen hasnt had a chance to play in the top 6 since recently so I would like to see a bigger sample size so for now its Elias

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Besides the center thing nothing else you said matters. Kapanen is a great penalty killer on our team as well. He doesnt get power play minutes and still has 8 pts in 5 games since joining the top line. His overall linemates even on the top line are worse then lindholms(Matthews is the best of either player but gaudreau and Monahan both are much higher caliber of players then Marleau). I still take lindholm but only b/c he has proven to be a 45 point player in the last while kapanen is just starting. Going forward they can both be 60-65 point wingers with good defense. Lindholm has a sick contract and will be interesting to see what deal kapanen gets if he keeps up this level of play all year.

I find it hard to gauge Toronto players right now.
The team is shooting 5% higher than any team last year and even from the past number of years; and that's just unsustainable (they'll normalize to 10.7-10.3). For example those silly PDO teams from Colorado and Calgary were at about 10.1-10.5 and they were fluky as hell. Kap's one year younger that Elias; and just hasn't proven enough for me to give him the lead over Lindy at this time.

I think Lindholm was rushed to the NHL himself a bit, and wasn't able to find his footing. Keep in mind, this guy, 5 years ago was considered a better prospect than Sean Monahan; who is a prolific scorer.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That's cool that Kapanen has produced during this massive 7 game sample size but unfortunately Lindholm has too and actually has a higher PPG. If you think Lindholm will be an average 1C, that's even more reason to vote for him because Kapanen's absolute ceiling is a low end 1C.
5 game sample size not 7. And hence Kapanen has higher PPG.

Kapanen's ceiling is a high end 1W.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
5 game sample size not 7. And hence Kapanen has higher PPG.

Kapanen's ceiling is a high end 1W.
I don't think you know how PPG is calculated. 6/5 > 8/7.

And no, Kapanen's ceiling is not a high end LW. The bias is so strong, I'm just going to assume you're Finnish and I'll move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskCanesFan

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I find it hard to gauge Toronto players right now.
The team is shooting 5% higher than any team last year and even from the past number of years; and that's just unsustainable (they'll normalize to 10.7-10.3). For example those silly PDO teams from Colorado and Calgary were at about 10.1-10.5 and they were fluky as hell. Kap's one year younger that Elias; and just hasn't proven enough for me to give him the lead over Lindy at this time.

I think Lindholm was rushed to the NHL himself a bit, and wasn't able to find his footing. Keep in mind, this guy, 5 years ago was considered a better prospect than Sean Monahan; who is a prolific scorer.
I like lindholm a lot as well. He os a great player for you guys. Just think that kapanen wont be as far off from lindholm as people think. Kapanen was a hyped prospect in 2014 as well who fell due to perceived attitude issues and lack of work ethic. He has really changed his game up and is openly working along the boards and being in defensive state of mind. His speed is elite and definately better than lindholms though lindholm probably thinks the game at higher level. Overall I would keep lindholm but by the end of the year I think this is a fair comparison between to excellent talents.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'd take Lindholm quite easily today but am optimistic Kappy can inspire this notion to be different at the end of the season.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Lindholm has the track record, you’ve gotta go with him.

However, I don’t doubt Kapanen could make this a fair question if given the same top 6 minutes/opportunity. Doesn’t have the vision or playmaking ability, but his wheels and motor coupled with average skill could allow him to effectively compliment top 6 line mates and bring similar value.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Lindholm, but I like Kapanen more and more every time I see him. Really fast with good hands, decent defensively, just needs some more polish and I think he'll turn out to be a reliable top 6 contributor.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Is Kap's history being an AHL tweener?
You are aware these guys are only a year apart right? Like. If you think Kap can grow, the same thing can be said for Elias lol.
kap never got a chance because the leafs have been stacked. Right now you take libdholm cause he’s proven and a C but this is a better poll for the end of the year

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Kapanen seems to be shining on getting Top6 minutes, but 5 games is too Small sample. Lindholm is the safer bet, but Kapanen has a chance to be better. I`d have Lindholm at this point, but its too early to tell.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Is Kap's history being an AHL tweener?
You are aware these guys are only a year apart right? Like. If you think Kap can grow, the same thing can be said for Elias lol.

This should be Lindholm, as we all know, but that reasoning is terrible. Kapanen is only getting a shot now because Toronto is stacked and Nylander is holding out. If the Leafs had mostly garbage forwards like the hurricanes the last few years Kapanen would have been up sooner.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Neither play center...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lindholm. In the 2 games I saw him play he reminds me of Zetterberg.
Big sample size.

Kapanen has looked like pavel bure at times too. Doesnt mean he is the player.

Kapanens speed skill and tenacity has always really impressed me. He is really hard on pucks and puts pressure on the d. He has been stuck on the 4th line, yes playing with Matthews helps but so does playing with Gaudreau.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Kapanen is talked about on here like he’s been a legit top-6 winger for years

Neither has been a legit top 6 winger for years.

The only thing is that Kapanen is getting his opportunity just now.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Lindholm is 63.64% in the dot this season (77 draws or 13 FOs a game on average), and has played a number of minutes centering a line, though has obviously mostly been playing RW on Monahan's line.

He can play center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad