Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The age of slow big wingers is done. The Flames need to get faster not bigger.

I'm not saying sign Maroon. He's a guy I really wouldn't be overly happy with. But the guy still can produce some, and on a cheap contract would be a positive.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Well when Ferland is playing at 100%, he's better. He's physical, great shot, he's engaged in the play, he's irritating, and he's willing and able to retrieve the puck from dirty areas.

Problem is that only happens about 12-15 games of the year.
If we’re using that logic, shouldn’t we consider Lindholm’s best 12-15 games a year?

If both are playing at 100% I still take Lindholm, and as you mentioned, that happens for Ferland far less than it does Lindholm.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
If we’re using that logic, shouldn’t we consider Lindholm’s best 12-15 games a year?

If both are playing at 100% I still take Lindholm, and as you mentioned, that happens for Ferland far less than it does Lindholm.
I guess that I should have qualified that by saying the remaining 70-ish games, Ferland is nearly invisible.

Lindholm is still capable defensively when he's not producing offense.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I am curious if Lindholm still goes for a long term deal, or tries to go 1-2 years now. If he hits 60-70 points playing with Monahan and Gaudreau his value goes way up.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I am curious if Lindholm still goes for a long term deal, or tries to go 1-2 years now. If he hits 60-70 points playing with Monahan and Gaudreau his value goes way up.

Which is probably why we are going to prefer signing him long term to what he wants --> 5m per year. If we can get him for 5x.25 x 6 or a 5m x 7 we should absolutely do it. The guy will be in our top 9 for years to come.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Which is probably why we are going to prefer signing him long term to what he wants --> 5m per year. If we can get him for 5x.25 x 6 or a 5m x 7 we should absolutely do it. The guy will be in our top 9 for years to come.
I agree. Which is why I wonder if that's still what he wants. He might prefer a 2 year deal now, hoping he kills it on our top line and bumps his AAV to around 7 by then.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

It has been reported than Lindholm is looking for a long term deal, before and after the trade. Hoping he inks for 7 years and takes a tad hit on the cap hit, ie. below $5mil. But I think a 7 year deal with $5.5mil can be very successful if Lindy stays on the top line or anchors his own with Chucky and perhaps Bennett. The three of them grow as a massive line in the NHL.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I believe I read somewhere that there was a $700,000 difference between what the Canes were offering Lindholm and what he wanted. Rumor has it that the Canes offered $5 million per year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I believe I read somewhere that there was a $700,000 difference between what the Canes were offering Lindholm and what he wanted. Rumor has it that the Canes offered $5 million per year.

So that means....

source.gif

Reactions: Skobel24

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if he signs for $5.7 mil per year.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

I'm pretty sure it's been reported that Lindholm is seeking $5M per and that the Hurricanes went into the final negotiations offering $4M+ per, not $5M

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm pretty sure it's been reported that Lindholm is seeking $5M per and that the Hurricanes went into the final negotiations offering $4M+ per, not $5M
You're right.
Report: Hurricanes and Elias Lindholm Still Far Apart on Contract Extension
LeBrun specified, saying that the Canes are currently offering a tick above $4 million dollars as an AAV. Lindholm’s camp is staying firm on their asking price, which is believed to be just north of $5 million.

Reactions: FerklundCGY

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
$5 mil isn't a mistake on a 6-7 year deal, he has tons of room to grow still and the cap is going up.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Anything more than 4.75 is a mistake.

If Lindholm signs for 7-8 years Tre woul be looking at $4.75 - $5.25M AAV. It costs to go into his RFA years. For a bridge contract of 2-3 years probably closer to the $4M. If I was Tre I would go for the max term and lock up his prime years for a known value now.

$5 mil isn't a mistake on a 6-7 year deal, he has tons of room to grow still and the cap is going up.

People got to quit accounting for the cap going up. Every player signed from this year on will eat up the cap increases.

Tre is shrewd in his contract negotiations but much of that I believe is showing the players the plan in regards to projected salaries and what it will take to become perennial contenders.

In the coming years contracts for Chucky, Janko, Bennett, Andersson, Kylington and Valimaki will be coming up. At least 3 of those players will garner significant money.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Lindholm should get close to if not the exact deal Backlund got. He’s essentially as good if not better than Backs right now and he’s only going to get better.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Much less proven though, and if his ask is roughly what Backlund's making we should be able to talk him into going lower.

True, but I think the expectation by everyone is that Lindholm will surpass him in the very near years to come. Lindholm will want to be paid for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad