GDT: ELECTRICIANS @ HOUSE OF THE STORM

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Disappointing but we weren't going 82-0. Aho and nino both looking frustrated. Might be a good idea to shake up that top 6 a little bit.
McGinn has no business in the top 6. Foegele is a non factor who plays like he thinks he's a 1st line winger. It'd be nice to have another forward to push these guys.

Aho is just straight up bad right now. Worst hockey I can remember him playing, even last year when he was injured he didn't look this useless for as long as he has now.

But it's not all bad. Can't win them all.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Tripp said Rod had a closed door meeting with Foegele.
I doubt Geekie would get a shot with Necas and Gauthier already out there. He is someone pushing for a spot.

Fleury had 2 strong games in a row but wasnt very good today.

if McGinn is to stay because of his PK play then please take him off Svech’s line please. I don’t understand the need to handicap Svech.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
McGinn has no business in the top 6. Foegele is a non factor who plays like he thinks he's a 1st line winger. It'd be nice to have another forward to push these guys.

Aho is just straight up bad right now. Worst hockey I can remember him playing, even last year when he was injured he didn't look this useless for as long as he has now.

But it's not all bad. Can't win them all.

I seem to recall other years where Aho was invisible for the first part of the season and then was on like Donkey Kong.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
McGinn brings nothing. I have no use for him on this team. Of course, I’m not in charge so my opinion doesn’t really matter.

Reactions: Stubu

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Aho wasn't very strong on the puck and isn't winning 50/50 battles. He's just standing there reaching and I am not getting that intense I want to win vibe from him.

Not sure what's up but he needs to start working.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They made some really bad mistakes last night that cost them goals when they happened.

Just chalk this one up to a bad game all around that they didn't deserve to win. The most promising part is that they played that bad and still easily could have won the game. That alone is a testament to how good a team they are right now.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It'd be nice to be able to lose a game and not resort to labeling individual players as rubbish.

There will be many losses. Let's not lose our minds.

Yeah, for real. They've played more games than most of the rest of the league and this was the 2nd game of a back to back, and the 3rd game in 5 nights. They were clearly gassed. Its going to happen.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
This was a classic trap game on the backend of a back to back and against an inferior team (on paper) that plays hard. They got outplayed and were very sloppy, but were it not for McGinn’s boneheaded turnover, they very well may have gotten at least a point out of that mess.

Flush that one, get at least 4pts out of the coming 4gm trip and they’re very much in business.

I wonder which forward gets the call for the road trip since Gauthier went down. Gotta be Bishop, right? Maybe Gibbons? Sucks that Gauthier didn’t get more than 8mins a game. I thought he looked fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad