Movies: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
it was whatever

the ending was too predictable and i wasn't a fan of the whole "beef" with jesse and the kandy welding people. they tried getting the viewer to see them as the bad guys when they really didn't do anything evil
They didn't do anything evil?
The guy f***ing helped lock Jesse up to a chain and saw that they were using him as a slave and did nothing. That is evil.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I did not enjoy it at all.

I liked the idea of giving the show closure in terms of what happens to Jesse, but the movie itself showed nothing significant or interesting. It just showed him...running errands. It could have been so much better.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Production was great as usual (pictures, music, atmosphere) but the movie wasn't necessary at all. Didn't add a lot - if anything - to the (already finished) story.

But wow, Todd got fat!

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Meh. It was fine. A nice return to characters that interest me, so it's got that going for it. But otherwise it doesn't really add or expand on anything in any meaningful way. Entertaining enough but fully unnecessary.

Edit: Did want to add that Jesse Plemmons is great though.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Compared to the crap on these days, it was fine. Nice closure or maybe a segway for Jesse to BCS. Great cinematography, acting and a chance to get the cast back together. If you were a huge BB fan you appreciated it. The gap and ageing of the actors was the biggest challenge. If they can go full flash forward with Saul you might have something again.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I enjoyed it. I think people are too far removed from the show and expected some crazy stuff. Honestly feels like they shot this and decided not to show the last 2 episodes and then just hustled Netflix. I'm glad they stuck to the successful script.

Reactions: Andy

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It was mostly just fan service but I enjoyed it.
It was TOTALLY a fan service but quite likable. Presents an almost certainly unintended but interesting moral dilemma: If you really, really like the bad guy, then the odd murder and other felonies don't really count, do they?

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I read that Jesse Plemons was asked to gain weight for his last like 3 roles and El Camino was filmed in between some of them. Great actor, I don’t know of anybody else that could pull the Todd character off so well.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Btw, if you want to know, where is Pinkmann now, here a little hint:

lobotka.celta.vigo.messi.barcellona.2017.2018.356x237.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I did not enjoy it at all.

I liked the idea of giving the show closure in terms of what happens to Jesse, but the movie itself showed nothing significant or interesting. It just showed him...running errands. It could have been so much better.

I didn't feel like closure was served. For that to happen, I think we would need insight on his new life, and the movie stopped just short of that point.

Maybe they are saving it for another addition down the road, but the ending felt kind of abrupt to me.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Meh didn't exactly blow me away. Not sure it was really needed but I guess for big fans who wanted to know what happens to him it might have made sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad