Movies: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Loved it.

But much like Star Wars was the story of Anakin Skywalker, Breaking Bad was the story of Walter White, and with Mr. White dead and gone so too is the essence of what made it all so great the first time around. I'm glad we got to see closure for Jesse, and I thought it was really well done, but I hope they leave it alone.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Loved it.

But much like Star Wars was the story of Anakin Skywalker, Breaking Bad was the story of Walter White, and with Mr. White dead and gone so too is the essence of what made it all so great the first time around. I'm glad we got to see closure for Jesse, and I thought it was really well done, but I hope they leave it alone.

That should be the end of Jesse's story. That said, I'm sure we'll see more of the post-Breaking Bad world by the time Better Call Saul wraps up.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It was decent and I can see people expecting some outstanding episode of BB not enjoying it. I will agree by seeing how much everyone aged or changed was distracting, even Walt.

Aaron Paul did a great job and they should certainly include him in the flash-forwards of Saul.

You got some nice little additions to the final episode of BB, poetic justice with the belt.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Awesome. That’s what I wanted. Perfect ending. Loved it.

I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t jump all over the chance for more, but I’m also okay with them ending it all here.

Reactions: Kcb12345

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Just finished it. It was alright, but it seemed very slow at times.

It definitely has a little slower pace, but that didn’t bother me at all. There was maybe one time I thought they could have cut it shorter, but I was fully engaged the whole time. However.. I can understand how people would think it’s a little slow.

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
A little hit or miss for me. I loved the ending.
The part where Jesse and Todd are burying the body and Jesse finds the gun but doesn't use it to escape didn't make sense to me. I know he was traumatised and worried for Brock but it just didn't feel right.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
A little hit or miss for me. I loved the ending.
The part where Jesse and Todd are burying the body and Jesse finds the gun but doesn't use it to escape didn't make sense to me. I know he was traumatised and worried for Brock but it just didn't feel right.
They tried to use that for character development (flashing back to that scene during the standoff) but they didn't follow through with it, so it didn't really work.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The cops were very well done, for a minute I thought they were just dirty cops. The ending was strange as Vacum guy didn't put Jesse in his final destination. Putting him on the road seems at that point seems dangerous.

This was almost like bonus scenes from BB, some closure on things and a chance to see some old faces again.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
My favourite parts were just some of the short lines or juxtapositions.

I laughed at Jesse sitting in the car listening to the radio news guy recap the traumatic event he just went through, and without skipping a beat going straight into the “market minute” and reviewing the Dow jones and the nasdaq.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Thought it was fantastic.
Like the Deadwood movie that came out earlier this year, I loved seeing all the BB characters again and letting wrap Gilligan wrap up Jesse's storyline. Thankful it wasn't a 13 year wait for this one.
Also, they really knocked it out of the park on the camerawork/cinematography again; it really looked great. That scene transition with the peephole was superb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad