Eklund - Toews Signs with Hawks

IkeaMonkey*

So...if Toews signs between now and August like everyone else knew for the last 6 months or so can "E" claimed to have "called it"?

ilovehockey

Jan 1, 2007
You never know with Toews. He started by saying he will play for Tri-City when they drafted him the following year as a 16 year old, then he said he would be commited to them as a 17 year old, before deciding to go the college route. Maybe he will pull that with Chicago. Isn't it if he plays all 4 years at North Dakota can he sign with who he wants.

mintsauce

Feb 4, 2005
Ontario
www.livejournal.com
It is not true. Toews is certainly more than ready, but he has not yet decided whether to sign with the Hawks.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Quote:
He has not, however, made that decision. Hockeybuzz.com falsely reported today that he has signed, citing sources in Canada saying that it was a "done deal."

I got off the phone with Toews a little bit ago and he was surprised to hear about the report. After seeing it for himself he said, "Jeez, I can confirm that's not true."

perin

Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
You never know with Toews. He started by saying he will play for Tri-City when they drafted him the following year as a 16 year old, then he said he would be commited to them as a 17 year old, before deciding to go the college route. Maybe he will pull that with Chicago. Isn't it if he plays all 4 years at North Dakota can he sign with who he wants.

Do you really think this would happen?

Walzy

It is not true. Toews is certainly more than ready, but he has not yet decided whether to sign with the Hawks.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Quote:
He has not, however, made that decision. Hockeybuzz.com falsely reported today that he has signed, citing sources in Canada saying that it was a "done deal."

I got off the phone with Toews a little bit ago and he was surprised to hear about the report. After seeing it for himself he said, "Jeez, I can confirm that's not true."

poor E getting owned every time :(

:D

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hawks general manager Dale Tallon says he is close to signing the 19-year-old Toews, the third player taken in the 2006 draft. How close? It could happen in the next couple weeks.

Toews apparently has decided to leave the University of North Dakota and accept what could be millions from the Hawks, who desperately need him to be Roenick-like in ability and fan appeal.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=313183

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Ek?
1533.gif

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If Eklund said it, I would be really worried as a Chicago fan. The guy is 99% wrong in all his speculations, kind of...

But still, it would be surprising if he in the end doesn't sign for the upcoming season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad