Eklund: Light at End of the Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwilson99

"
Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Light at the End of the Tunnel
Not such a secret location. The press has been asked to keep it secret, but I'm hearing I am in the same hotel as they are. They've met here before. Anyway, I was hired to do a story, so here I am. I ran into some people from the NHLPA and a bunch of writers, and they started talking about Eklund. Funny! The one guy there who does know who I am was looking at me and trying not to lose it. Anyway..."

Either Eklund is absolutely full of it... or he is trying to rub it in the face of anyone who doubts his ability to spread rumor and innuendo.

I can barely wait until hockey comes back and his blog becomes irrelevant again.

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

SENSible1*

rwilson99 said:
"

Not such a secret location. The press has been asked to keep it secret, but I'm hearing I am in the same hotel as they are. They've met here before. Anyway, I was hired to do a story, so here I am. I ran into some people from the NHLPA and a bunch of writers, and they started talking about Eklund. Funny! The one guy there who does know who I am was looking at me and trying not to lose it. Anyway..."

Either Eklund is absolutely full of it... or he is trying to rub it in the face of anyone who doubts his ability to spread rumor and innuendo.

I can barely wait until hockey comes back and his blog becomes irrelevant again.

Today's blog was quite interesting.

Go Flames Go*

That tier system does not sound like cost certantiy at all. This guy is making things up.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If there is one thing you can say about this guy he's pretty dependable. An article a day for a bunch of people here to moan about. It's fairly entertaining actually, if this guy is only out to push peoples buttons he's sure doing it right. That being said I don't totally discount his rumours, I mean even if some idea's never see the light of day it isn't like they might not have been discussed behind closed doors. I'm guardedly optimistc, though not due, in any large part,to Eklund.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Brazen little devil he is, posting from the hotel. He better be careful, others might catch on as to who he is. :)

If he's right, then we still may not hear any news til the end of the week. :cry:

Keeping fingers crossed....

Lanny MacDonald*

I'm still not buying this guy's BS.

The NHL just happens to be meeting in the same hotel this guy is staying in? Sure they are. I didn't realize the NHL met at Motel 6. I highly doubt this guys is staying at the Habor Castle either. This smells fishy (as does the Harbor Castle from time to time).

Also, if the NHL had called an "emergency" coaches meeting I highly doubt the league would invite the "select" group they did. If the NHL were really having a coaches meeting like the one Eklund suggests would they not invite more than six coaches, and also make sure the coaches from the Stanley Cup champions and runners up from last spring were part of the panel? And where is the godfather of the trap, Jacques Lemaire? Kind of goes against common sense to me, but this is the NHL. Common sense is in short supply IMO.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Steve L said:
Interesting but I dont like the idea of the illegal defence thing, it will just another thing for the refs to selectively ignore when they want to.

lol, I can see it now...

It'd be interesting to know what an illegal defence could be?

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
The Iconoclast said:
I'm still not buying this guy's BS.

The NHL just happens to be meeting in the same hotel this guy is staying in? Sure they are. I didn't realize the NHL met at Motel 6. I highly doubt this guys is staying at the Habor Castle either. This smells fishy (as does the Harbor Castle from time to time).

Also, if the NHL had called an "emergency" coaches meeting I highly doubt the league would invite the "select" group they did. If the NHL were really having a coaches meeting like the one Eklund suggests would they not invite more than six coaches, and also make sure the coaches from the Stanley Cup champions and runners up from last spring were part of the panel? And where is the godfather of the trap, Jacques Lemaire? Kind of goes against common sense to me, but this is the NHL. Common sense is in short supply IMO.

While I agree on most points there, I'd have to say they would not want Jacques Lemaire there if what he's saying is true. Jacques Lemaire is the reason there are fewer goals in the league...it'd be more likely they'd want all of the offensive coaches in to discuss what they need to make teams score more goals...like have no goalie...or 12 foot wide nets...you know...normal stuff...lol

(in case anyone was wondering, I hate the idea of making it easier to score...)

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
sveiglar said:
Pelle Eklund, former Flyer forward from the 80s. Obviously he has connections...

He isn't 'actually' Pelle Eklund, he just uses that psuedo-name. I mean if he was actually Eklund what the hell kind of secrecy is that?

fifty_in39

Feb 19, 2004
The Iconoclast said:
Also, if the NHL had called an "emergency" coaches meeting I highly doubt the league would invite the "select" group they did.

Ever hear of a conference call? It's pretty new technology.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
westcoast said:
He isn't 'actually' Pelle Eklund, he just uses that psuedo-name. I mean if he was actually Eklund what the hell kind of secrecy is that?

I'm confused.. you mean people on the internet use fake names?

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
rwilson99 said:
"

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

This guy is so obviously trying to make a name for himself. The press has benn asked to keep it a secret my butt hole! No way on earth the press would ever comply. Talking about Eklund??? Whatever buddy. No writer or NHLPA member cares about you.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Just an FYI, Eklund said theyre having the meetings in the same place as before... the Sheraton...

then the Fan590 just said that theyre meeting at the Sutton Place Hotel...

SO MUCH FOR THAT ONE, EKLUND. :lol:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
EdBelfour20 said:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=112566

The coach meeting isn't made up by "Eklund", in fact it is confirmed by TSN

Well, the key is that this Eklund guy is doing what I said he was doing yesterday... that meeting was announced YESTERDAY... then he comes out and posts something soon thereafter making it sound like he "got a scoop" when all hes doing is making crap up on top of half-truths already released in the media.

rwilson99

no13matssundin said:
Just an FYI, Eklund said theyre having the meetings in the same place as before... the Sheraton...

then the Fan590 just said that theyre meeting at the Sutton Place Hotel...

SO MUCH FOR THAT ONE, EKLUND. :lol:

No.

Eklund's quote is:

"Not such a secret location. The press has been asked to keep it secret, but I'm hearing I am in the same hotel as they are. They've met here before."

There are lots of meetings, in lots of hotels. You're jumping to conclusions.

How is it relevant, where they are meeting anyway. Are you going to run to the lobby and start yelling about the neccessity of contraction?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
rwilson99 said:
No.

Eklund's quote is:

"Not such a secret location. The press has been asked to keep it secret, but I'm hearing I am in the same hotel as they are. They've met here before."

There are lots of meetings, in lots of hotels. You're jumping to conclusions.

How is it relevant, where they are meeting anyway. Are you going to run to the lobby and start yelling about the neccessity of contraction?

Fan 590 just reported the meeting is at the Sutton Hotel.

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
One of the reasons Eklund may have created that website is $$$$. do you notice the google ads on the right? He gets paid everytime someone clicks on one of those babies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
the eklund bashers amuse me- why does anyone feel the need to waste precious minutes of their lives spewing hate towards this guy? like others have mentioned before- if you don't like him or believe him, don't read him :dunno:

Lanny MacDonald*

fifty_in39 said:
Ever hear of a conference call? It's pretty new technology.

No never heard of it. Can you outline exactly how this "technology" works. Is it widely used? What are the costs associated with this marvelous break through? Is this available every where? Isn't there a problem with getting all the strings from the different soup cans tangled up?

BTW... Sutter when asked about the meeting and said he knew nothing about it, wasn't asked to participate and was too busy scouting anyways. Holes man, holes everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad