Eklund anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
I mean at least Larry Brooks is hired by an actual media outlet and spews crap, who does this Eklund guy work for?
How was this guy first linked here?

He seems like someone who pretends he has sources, starts a website, then goes to message boards and provides links to himself, stating "some guy" has inside info.

He sure has gotten a lot of interest from this site, which is unwarrented if he is indeed 0-20 on his predictions (I didnt check out that many of his articles so I dont know his record).

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
I just think FLYLINE might be sick of some random guy posting complete crap and having people actually fall for it. I mean atleast Larry Brooks is hired by an actual media outlet and spews crap, who does this Eklund guy work for? Everyone should take whatever that guy says with a grain of salt, but I really don't think his rumours deserve actual topics. I guess if i actually knew who the heck this guy even is I would find it more conceivable he knew something, or if atleast one of his "inside" rumours actually became true for once that would help as well.

Let me guess, you arent on the debate team?

What does it matter if someone is spewing false rumors? Does their employer really matter to you? If you take people at their word because based solely on who employs them then it is not a stretch to assume that you might have the word sucker tatooed across your head. No one is "falling" for what Eklund says. I dont put anymore credence into what he says than what TSN says. It is ALL speculation right now.

His name is purposely put in the title. If you or your bumbling sidekick dont want to read about him, dont click on it. Why is that so hard?

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Because If i made a post on the stuff from Eklunds stuff and I said my sources told me this (and didnt include any) it would be closed in a heartbeat.

Yeah, that's the rule here. But Eklund doesn't post his stuff here. Nobody who's brought up Eklund's posts have, from what I've seen, given them any more credence than they deserve. Some people find them interesting to talk about, that's all...

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Cawz said:
He sure has gotten a lot of interest from this site, which is unwarrented if he is indeed 0-20 on his predictions (I didnt check out that many of his articles so I dont know his record).

From what I've read (and I haven't read it all), he doesn't make predictions at all. He just says "Here's what people have been telling me."

Believe it or don't. Even the stuff that turns out to be wrong isn't necessarily false or made up... lots of real rumors turn out to be wrong. It's the nature of rumors. Which is why it's silly to argue about his credibility, because he's got none to be verified. And even if he is a reporter, so what?

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
ceber said:
From what I've read (and I haven't read it all), he doesn't make predictions at all. He just says "Here's what people have been telling me."

Believe it or don't. Even the stuff that turns out to be wrong isn't necessarily false or made up... lots of real rumors turn out to be wrong. It's the nature of rumors. Which is why it's silly to argue about his credibility, because he's got none to be verified. And even if he is a reporter, so what?

This quote from November...

However, I did talk to two agents who attended and were optimistic about the future of hockey this season. They said, as has been reported here before, the NHLPA was preparing an offer that would be similar to their last offer except with a salary cap included. "It may not be called 'a salary cap' or 'luxury tax,' but it will be a salary cap for all purposes. The players are demanding this of the NHLPA leadership, and the NHL is fully aware of this."

When I asked him further for a time frame he said..."However long it takes them to press 'send'"

I didnt see any retraction. If I'm the guy posting this stuff, I would ask my two agents what happened and explain why this hasn't come to light in the 2 months since it was posted (If he did retract it and I missed it, I'm sorry).

I see a guy making things up using news reports, which is fine. But I also see a guy who has been feeding a false hope for 2 months to hockey fans starving for any good news. Thats not cool.

Of course, I'm basing this on skimming his page, so if he turns out to be ligit, I'll be the first person here to apologize (well, I guess the 2nd person, after the guy who posted "6 times in this thread on the first two pages".)

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Bruwinz37 said:
Are you upset because so many people agreed with my assesment of you in the other thread?

Do you do the same thing to people who post Larry Brooks or Bruce Garrioch columns? Same thing.

If you dont like it, dont read it. The name is in the title so you know what you are clicking on. You dont have to read it, yet for some reason you are always one of the first to rush to click on it. You are being very petty. Why dont you work on trying to formulate something worth reading.

And no genius, I am not Eklund. I am just someone who realizes that there may be more to the story than what the mass media gives you. Now grow up.

I rather enjoy reading Eklund's blog myself, and am glad you've posted it. If nothing else, it is a good, and fun read, better than the doom and gloom other outlets have been supplying. Thanks for posting it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Im sorry but I would DEFINITELY put more belief into what TSN reports than anything that Eklund guy says, especially since everything TSN reports is after the fact and right, and everything that Eklund guy posts is completely wrong. Yes I UNDERSTAND that he is purely a rumour writer and thats fine, but its the people who are taking his word as if it is true or something, and not some ludicrous rumour that he made up.

Go Flames Go*

This person has proven to be wrong everytime. Im still waiting for his report to happen, of the players giving into a cap for the good of the game.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Im sorry but I would DEFINITELY put more belief into what TSN reports than anything that Eklund guy says, especially since everything TSN reports is after the fact and right, and everything that Eklund guy posts is completely wrong. Yes I UNDERSTAND that he is purely a rumour writer and thats fine, but its the people who are taking his word as if it is true or something, and not some ludicrous rumour that he made up.

I don't think anyone is really disputing any reports from other sources, merely keeping their minds open and hopes up. Who knows, maybe we'll get burned later on for it for getting our hopes up, but for the time being, it is fun to read, if nothing else. No worse than a few other unreliable sources being posted daily.

I'd rather others posted links to what they find, then to stop because people have to inject their insults over whether or not there's any truth to it- right now, NO ONE knows the truth, at this time it seems.

People don't have to read the links, either.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well its been proven theres no truth to it, we know that already. My inside sources are telling me right now all of his inside sources are in his head.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Well its been proven theres no truth to it, we know that already. My inside sources are telling me right now all of his inside sources are in his head.

You could very well be right, I'm not doubting you or other sources on here- there's a few here at HF who claim to have inside sources- some of the time, they were right, others, they were way off. Still, it's just a link to a blog. Nothing to lose sleep over, I am sure. :)

fifty_in39

Feb 19, 2004
Go Flames Go said:
This person has proven to be wrong everytime. Im still waiting for his report to happen, of the players giving into a cap for the good of the game.

Here is Eklund's post of Dec 3/04. Pretty much reflective of events todate!

Friday, December 03, 2004
Hats Off to Linden and Mario
First off, the guys who deserves the most credit for getting this thing moving are Trevor Linden and Mario Lemieux. I talked to a guy "in the know" this morning who said that they really bridged alot of gaps and figured out the salary cap resolution.

That being said, there is still alot of posturing to be done, and don't expect these talks to go on without a hitch. One person said, "You can fully expect on side or the other pulling out at least once before it is done."

The talks in Boston, aimed at hammering out such issues as pension and free agency went smoothly and hav ebeen concluded.

One issue that the players are going to try and get is the issue of re-signing players and having the cap stretched like the NBA system. The NHL will probably give them that, since keeping the same players in the same cities does help brand loyalty.
posted by Eklund at 7:14 AM 1 comments

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
fifty_in39 said:
Here is Eklund's post of Dec 3/04. Pretty much reflective of events todate!

Of course, right under that, there's a post saying Bettman was going to announce a drop-dead date of December 15. It didn't happen, obviously, and like Cawz mentioned earlier, Eklund doesn't seem to offer explanations when something he says would occur doesn't pan out. (Not that guys like Fischler or Brooks do that, either, but if you want a blog to be taken as seriously as the mainstream media, your standards need to be a bit higher.) That's reason enough to maintain a healthy level of suspicion about what he's writing.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Lard_Lad said:
Of course, right under that, there's a post saying Bettman was going to announce a drop-dead date of December 15. It didn't happen, obviously, and like Cawz mentioned earlier, Eklund doesn't seem to offer explanations when something he says would occur doesn't pan out. (Not that guys like Fischler or Brooks do that, either, but if you want a blog to be taken as seriously as the mainstream media, your standards need to be a bit higher.) That's reason enough to maintain a healthy level of suspicion about what he's writing.

Yes, but as has been pointed out, there has been things posted on TSN and other sports news, that also proved to be false, or didn't pan out as the author had written.

He could be just a hockey fan, having fun with us all, who knows. :lol: Still, until this is all over, right now, it's all speculation and rumors at this time.

bhawk24bob

Jan 25, 2005
how do i start my own blog? i promise to make it just as exciting and non fact-based as anything eklund writes

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
bhawk24bob said:
how do i start my own blog? i promise to make it just as exciting and non fact-based as anything eklund writes

May I be the first to read it? I need some entertainment now, without hockey this winter. :joker:

Go Flames Go*

My "sources" tell me Mario went to Toronto to go eat at Wayne Gretzky's resturant. He then realized there was a meeting tommorow and met with Trevor Linden. There was a huge shouthing match heard, and there where reports of Linden crying after the meeting.

Also Linden as instructed players to come home, they are accepting the payroll range for the good of the game.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Lady Rhian said:
Yes, but as has been pointed out, there has been things posted on TSN and other sports news, that also proved to be false, or didn't pan out as the author had written.

Yeah, like I said, the mainstream press can do that because they've got some "official credibility" - most of us know Brooks, etc. can't be taken too seriously, but 90+% of the people reading him will trust what he's saying because he writes for a big paper. With a guy doing a blog, he doesn't get that benefit of the doubt, so if he doesn't want the reaction he's getting in this thread, he needs to be a little more thorough and say why he was wrong when something doesn't pan out.

Lady Rhian said:
He could be just a hockey fan, having fun with us all, who knows. :lol: Still, until this is all over, right now, it's all speculation and rumors at this time.

Yup. Kind of a tempting thought, really - I'd bet there are at least a dozen or so people on these boards capable of coming up with a blog that's a complete hoax, but looks as credible or more as Eklund's. ;)

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Lard_Lad said:
Yup. Kind of a tempting thought, really - I'd bet there are at least a dozen or so people on these boards capable of coming up with a blog that's a complete hoax, but looks as credible or more as Eklund's. ;)

Mr. Eklund, is that you? :lol: just kidding. :)

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Bruwin = Eklund I would agree. I have thought of that as well. it adds up to me. Just checking all the posts that relate to Eklund and Bruwin often lets us know what is going on the Eklund site.

but does it really matter if Eklund is bruwin??? I would answer no. We all know he is on these boards so ... who cares :)

chiavsfan

I will say this again...if you don't beleive it...DON'T READ IT. Your just like the idiots in the U.S. who liten to the radio, then complain about the content of certain DJ'S. If you don't like it don't listen to it. No one is forcing Eklund down your throats, you either choose to read it, or you don't. It's clearly stated in the title of this thread what is going to be in here.

Instead of complaining like a bunch of babies, again, just don't read it

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I personally like his work. It is fun to read (well written). I couldn't care less if if he is right or wrong because most of the RUMORS i hear are wrong ..... oh I also like it because I miss the NHL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad