Value of: Ekholm to Toronto

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I think this is the first time that as a leafs fan I can say everyone else here is tonedeaf on what the leafs need.

Barring some unfathomable injury bug for our defence (I’m talking Marincin in the top 4) the leafs probably won’t be adding any defenceman this year. Why you may ask? Well let me tell you.

First the expansion draft. We’re already pretty tight on keeping our main defence right now, and if we add another defenceman who is signed past this year that means we probably end up exposing Holl.

That brings me to my second point, Justin Holl. This man has been a revelation for this team. Who knew our shut down top 4 RD was sitting in the press box this whole time? I am as confident with Holl playing against other teams top lines as I am with anyone else in the top 4 (probably even more than Rielly)

if you add a player to the leafs top 4, that pushes Holl back to the 3rd pair and honestly he is too good for that.

what all this means is that for the first time in a LONG time, the leafs aren’t looking for a defenceman anymore. But when we don’t resign Rielly... that will be a different story :sarcasm:

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
You don't get to list untouchable prospects for Forsberg, especially when we're retaining half and taking back a player we don't really want in Kerfoot.
Hey Admiral I remember you from the other thread and idk if I got your opinion on my Forsberg trade.

2021 1st
Abramov
Hallander/Hirvonen (one of the two)
Kerfoot
C Prospect (Kral, Kokkonen, Abruzzese)

for

Forsberg (10/15% retained)

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad