Rumor: Ekblad available

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
What are these offers, Ekblad is a stud, he had a good year, is young and incredibly talented.
And you are offer Nylander and tim?
Come on
Both Leafs assets are coming off pretty good seasons. They are both young with good pedigree. Ekblad has underacheived thus far relative to his draft position despite being a very good young player.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Cap doesn't matter to the Panthers, they aren't a cap team.

Marner is only owed 35M over the next 5 seasons. 7M per
This past year, the Panthers spent $76.9m just on base salaries, signing bonus, and retained/buyout salaries of players on one-way contracts. So not even including the myriad of minor leaguers who come up permanently this season, Trocheck, Haula, any performance bonuses, or Quenneville's record breaking contract. We were also one of the few teams on which there was no confirmed reporting of salary cuts to our staff.

So while we're making things up to suit our narratives, Toronto has infamously unbearable fans that nobody wants to play for. Give us Nylander for Matheson bc he's already skipped out on Toronto once.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
This past year, the Panthers spent $76.9m just on base salaries, signing bonus, and retained/buyout salaries of players on one-way contracts. So not even including the myriad of minor leaguers who come up permanently this season, Trocheck, Haula, any performance bonuses, or Quenneville's record breaking contract. We were also one of the few teams on which there was no confirmed reporting of salary cuts to our staff.

So while we're making things up to suit our narratives, Toronto has infamously unbearable fans that nobody wants to play for. Give us Nylander for Matheson bc he's already skipped out on Toronto once.

1. Florida is only at 76M after dropping a dime on Bob in the offseason and they are still well short of the actual cap ceiling

2. It is documented that the Panthers are looking to shed salary, this is no false narrative Bourne Notebook: Panthers let their stars down, equipment improvements and more

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
1. Florida is only at 76M after dropping a dime on Bob in the offseason and they are still well short of the actual cap ceiling
how is this in any way a response to what i pointed out? Bobrovsky is still on the books and getting paid. We spent well over the cap last year.
2. It is documented that the Panthers are looking to shed salary, this is no false narrative Bourne Notebook: Panthers let their stars down, equipment improvements and more
i don't have the athletic, but I'm gonna go ahead and dismiss the takes of some literal-who with ties to both Sportsnet and the Toronto Marlies but none to Panthers.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Are you thinking of Alex Nylander or something? There's nothing unreasonable about that offer
With all due respect, I have nothing against you or the leafs.
William Nylander is not in the same planet in value compared to Ekblad.
Then again, we did see Taylor Hall traded for Adam Larsson

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ive had a long day and I dont feel so good so my sarcasm meter isnt working so I will just ask....this is a joke right?
Extremely: Long-story/fan-base fights between Edmonton fans wanting Ekblad for a package and not responding well when we offer packages for theirs...

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
What do you think is a realistic offer for Ekblad?
It's tricky.
For the Canucks I would think a package around Boeser / Pod / 1st would be fair. But Florida is looking for a Center.
For the Leafs, who knows. Marner 1 for 1 is fair, but again, florida is looking for a Center.
Ill let you guys figure it out, I know it would cost a lot more than Nylander, that I am certain.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
It's tricky.
For the Canucks I would think a package around Boeser / Pod / 1st would be fair. But Florida is looking for a Center.
For the Leafs, who knows. Marner 1 for 1 is fair, but again, florida is looking for a Center.
Ill let you guys figure it out, I know it would cost a lot more than Nylander, that I am certain.

I think given the cap situation for the next few years, leafs would much rather deal Marner over Nylander

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I think given the cap situation for the next few years, leafs would much rather deal Marner over Nylander
Very possible, but IMO Marner is a much superior player than Nylander, but is more of a pure winger.
Nylander is a Hybrid, can be a center or winger, based off needs.|
Nylander is a great young player, but he is not a guy I would target, Maybe I am just not a big Nylander fan, and others clearly are.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Strome, Boqvist, 1st from Chicago?
This is a good offer.
Strome is a good young Center with upside
Boqvist has big potential as a solid D Prospect with skill
1st rounder is top 20

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I listened to the entire Oilers Now podcast from today, there was nothing from Stauffer on Ekblad, so someone has to point me in the audio clip direction.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad