Injury Report: EK65 to IR 2/18; returns to play 2/27

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Somebody on the main board suggested he may LTIRetire in 1-2 years and while I think that may be a tad too aggressive of an estimate, I do think it’s an inevitable conclusion at some point within the earlier stages of his contract, and probably not too far away.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Somebody on the main board suggested he may LTIRetire in 1-2 years and while I think that may be a tad too aggressive of an estimate, I do think it’s an inevitable conclusion at some point within the earlier stages of his contract, and probably not too far away.

If he does not find a way to go more then 20-30 games between groin pulls then yes i see that also.

Maybe change something up in the recovery or the surgery itself because whatever he or they have been doing is for sure not working.

Oh and players need to not play through an injury just so they can play in some stupid useless meaningless exhibition game.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

What does that mean for the Sharks? Sorry, I'm a little clueless regarding retirements and cap hits...do we get full cap relief since it's an under-35 contract?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
That’s probably more correlation than fact.

He hasn’t looked completely healthy in a long time, unfortunately.

maybe so. Idk man, I watched him a lot during his time in OTT and he always played with this passion and intensity. I haven’t seen that from in SJ since he signed that deal. I know he’s been riddled with injuries but that’s just what I’ve observed.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
EK will probably end up getting paid a million per point this year haha 11 seems maybe in reach if we're lucky

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
If he does not find a way to go more then 20-30 games between groin pulls then yes i see that also.

Maybe change something up in the recovery or the surgery itself because whatever he or they have been doing is for sure not working.

Oh and players need to not play through an injury just so they can play in some stupid useless meaningless exhibition game.
No one here knows if it's even the same groin. If he's being truthful (again who knows) it could be a simple groin pull on the other leg. He probably did a fair bit of compensating over time for his previous injuries and could have pulled it that way. Groin pulls happen all the time and don't require surgery. They do require rest though.
Do we know the timeline for his return? Two weeks or more like a month?
Coach was hoping for the the Vegas game on the 25th prior to the Minn being added. We'll probably get an update Monday morning as I think they get the day off tomorrow.
Dude got paid.. he doesn’t care anymore or at least he doesn’t play like it
He was paid last season too and played like he cared. At one point he was carrying the offense for the team prior to getting hurt.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
DW making sure that we have the Sharks represented in worst contract lists for years to come.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
His injurious is almost scandalous.

Mark Stone was the better deal by far. Cap hit is $2m less, and the Knights didn't have to give up a 1st pick.

Reactions: Groo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad