Speculation: EK65 - How much should Ottawa offer him this summer? (hypothetical)

How much would you offer EK65

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
"No one is gonna offer 7 years for an injury prone player"
"No one is going to give him the money he turned down in Ottawa"

I wonder if the EK detractors gonna come in here and eat their crow?

Oh im sure some sort of spin job will be incoming. Rinse repeat, ya gotta give them credit they always come back despite being wrong over and over again.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Don't worry, when Karlsson has two years left on his deal and can barely move anymore, I'm sure San Jose wouldn't mind taking a few annoying draft picks off our hands to get him back.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Good for him. San Jose felt they could handle the greater-than-zero risk of him not living up to that contract.

The Senators couldn't. I said a year ago that if the Senators signed Karlsson to a contract like that and got eight years of 17-18 Karlsson, we'd be nostaglic for players working out like Ryan did. I stand by that. The margin for error here is so low.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You didnt actually think there was a chance he was coming here? Even in your wildest dreams it was not happening.
Yep didnt see many here ,thinking or even wishing for this...EK is better off playing on a team that actually does do everything they can to win...Rather than just BS about it

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Good for him. San Jose felt they could handle the greater-than-zero risk of him not living up to that contract.

The Senators couldn't. I said a year ago that if the Senators signed Karlsson to a contract like that and got eight years of 17-18 Karlsson, we'd be nostaglic for players working out like Ryan did. I stand by that. The margin for error here is so low.

Delete

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not even surprised that Dorion was only able to get a second round pick in the event Karlsson re-signs.
I am suprised he got anything tbh. I mean atleast we got Demelo I think he projects to improve to be a better d man than Karlsson in year 8 of his contract. I mean thats a win right?

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Not even surprised that Dorion was only able to get a second round pick in the event Karlsson re-signs.

For some reason most teams have conditions on players that re-sign after being traded such as Duchene that ends up netting a 1st round pick. But not Ottawa, no, we could only get a 2nd round pick 2 years from now for the best defense men in the entire world. awesome.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I am suprised he got anything tbh. I mean atleast we got Demelo I think he projects to improve to be a better d man than Karlsson in year 8 of his contract. I mean thats a win right?
My god,lol thats good.....NJ Bert

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
its the only way to stay sane about all of this
Yep,I think they should give up on the spin doctoring and trying to lie to us ...Regarding player movement,nobody is buying it anymore...So why waste time,and money trying to hide the obvious anymore

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
You didnt actually think there was a chance he was coming here? Even in your wildest dreams it was not happening.

C'mon Karlsson really did want to come back to play here. :sarcasm:

But then Brennan Jinx the surprise and EK said f*** that i'll stay in San Jose to make a bigger surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad