TBN: Eight Sabres who could win, or lose, in a Kevyn Adams-Ralph Krueger roster

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So we just traded Jack? What did we get for him??????
cut.jpg

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
If Krueger has a big part in roster building I really could see vlad back, if he's willing to take a paycut. I could see him testing free agency and realize no one is willing to pay him, so he signs here for less. Would hope maybe a KHL team swoops in with a better deal

We had better not see that piece of trash Vladimir Sobotka back on this roster. Why on god's green earth would we put him in a single game next season. He's not even good enough to be in the AHL. I will say he's not embarrassed himself while he's been here, he's played in any situation he's been asked. However, are we trying to win, or are we looking to be in the lottery again. Re-signing Sobotka is about as "tank" style a move as you can make. Any justification for having him next year is beyond ridiculous. You can easily find another out of options mid 20's player like Lazar and let him marinate in the bottom six to create options. See: Mitchell Stephens (TB) as a type of player who could be had for the right price, and come in to compete at a realistic cost and be an IMMEDIATE upgrade over Sobotka.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We had better not see that piece of trash Vladimir Sobotka back on this roster. Why on god's green earth would we put him in a single game next season. He's not even good enough to be in the AHL. I will say he's not embarrassed himself while he's been here, he's played in any situation he's been asked. However, are we trying to win, or are we looking to be in the lottery again. Re-signing Sobotka is about as "tank" style a move as you can make. Any justification for having him next year is beyond ridiculous. You can easily find another out of options mid 20's player like Lazar and let him marinate in the bottom six to create options. See: Mitchell Stephens (TB) as a type of player who could be had for the right price, and come in to compete at a realistic cost and be an IMMEDIATE upgrade over Sobotka.
The guy who complained about the coach on his public social media profile has definitely embarrassed himself while on the Sabres.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Seems like with Hall we would have to rely on some ELC's in our centerspine. Guess it could depend on what happens to the cap

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
After some action, I got such roster and 78.5M under the cap.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart
Hall - Tierney - Olofsson
Kahun - Cozens - Tuch
Asplund - Lazar/Dea - Thompson/Okposo

Dahlin - Miller
Edmundson - Joki
McCabe - Borgen/Heed

Ullmark
Dell

The problem is that in a year we will need to re-sign Dahlin and Joki. On the other hand, of course, we not trade for Tuch and save MoJo and then he has UFA, it’s minus 4.5 million under the cap, I paid Edmundson 3.5 million, maybe Hutton or Merill would be 1.5 million cheaper. As a result, Of course, we could sign Hall, but we would have to try very hard to think over the situation with the cap in a year.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Seems like with Hall we would have to rely on some ELC's in our centerspine. Guess it could depend on what happens to the cap

Or complimentary-style veterans - similar to the VGK style of roster building.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I can hardly think of a cushier situation for an ELC center than the spot between Hall and Reinhart tbh. Though I'd mostly be looking to create cap space by going full frugal on defense (admittedly harder now with Pilut gone)

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Sure. Maybe you need more than 3 years to fix a team.

But Botts came pretty close to destroying one in 3 years.
The funniest part about the whole situation is that Botterill backed into a playoff team year 2 in-spite of the O'Reilly trade, then let it slip away by not replacing Berglund, calling up Olofsson, or generally doing anything about the worst 4th line in the league. Then, when faced with virtually exact same situation the following season, he ran back all the same mistakes with the new wrinkle of the Frolik deal Then, he missed out on an expanded playoffs by blowing the Scandella trade, playing Bogosian, & having games where both Frolik + Simmonds dressed while Kahun was in-transit.

The one thing I'll say about Botts is that he didn't *destroy* the team until Jack demands a trade, he just tread a remarkable amount of water for someone who inherited a bottom-third team in a league that rewards extended-badness.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Something I doubt, it seems to me that Hall will be looking for a term, it would be too risky for him to sign contract for one year, even if this team is a contender.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't see any money available to sign Hall in free agency. Unless he's taking a discount to play for Krueger(ha!, right) it isn't happening.
I don’t see them signing Hall either with the new focus on “efficiency” and being budget conscience.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Hall doesn’t help this team. If Skinner and his contract weren’t here it might have been an option but not now. That money has to be used on a 2C and hopefully upgrade in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->