Proposal: Eichel

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Sabres have a top 10 NHL player signed for six years at a below market value $10 M — and we are trading him.

The only deal out there is for players younger and equal/better than him. Why would other team be doing this.

Might as well move franchise now if you trade Eichel.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Tavares + Marner + Rielly for Eichel + Dahlin

Well thought out proposal actually, and an absolute blockbuster.

If this were the 80's, it might get done.

I think the constraints on teams now with the cap etc makes trades like this hard to pull off.

I think if the Leafs were out of the playoff race it would make sense for them.

Buffalo would instantly be better but in a shorter term window. I really like all the players involved from both sides.

SB716

Jun 1, 2015
Isn't everything on this board? Why bother coming on here if you don't want to "discuss"

Because there are things worth discussing and this isn’t it. Also there are many other dumb posts that this could have piggy backed. It’s stupid.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
If you wanna trade for Eichel, you don't get to decide on which assets you want to keep.
Buffalo picks whatever they want from your team. Simple as that.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

deepthoughtsleafs

Oct 14, 2018
Disgruntled Buffalo fan here.

At this point I think that Eichel will request a trade soon, I bet he's sick of the constant losing and the management's inability to improve the roster.

Eichel is a top-10 center in the NHL, he' also young. He's worth the bank.

Would NJ do Hughes, Ty Smith, McLeod, Bratt & (unprotected) 1st for Eichel and McCabe?

Fair offer?

What is the best *your* team would offer? Only young players (U-23), prospects and picks are of interest. One has to be a player that has the potential to become a high-end #1 Center.
Here's the problem. Eichel is at best the #10th best Center in the NHL. He's not going to be enough to build a championship team around so why would anyone give up a huge haul for a center with limited upside? He's a great Center no doubt but he's not worth giving up the farm for. Only McDavid, Nathan Mack, and Matthews are worthy of that honor.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Has Eichel demanded a trade or something?

Nope. Just some random TSN "what if" about 10 days ago and then these threads started sprouting up. It's akin to what happened last season here when there was "what if" stuff about McDavid.

His recent interview on Spittin Chiclets made it sound like he loves the team and coach, no indication he is discontent. But that doesn't seem to matter here.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
If I were Eichel I'd want to stay. Things are rough, but they have some great talent. I only wish the Oilers had a Dman like Dahlin. Give that team some time, and not even a lot, and there is a winner there. It's pretty obvious.

The league is all about parity now. A bad team can flip to good rather quickly

Tell that to a Panthers' fan!!!!!!!

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Just ignore him. Anyone with any common sense knows Eichel isn’t available especially for any of these garbage offers.

It’s sad people constantly post offers for a franchise player offer their 3rd or 4th best asset and a collection of expendable pieces.
Don't be so offended. At the end of the day this board and whats posted within have no relevance in life and serve as nothing more then entertainment for hockey fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad