Proposal: Eichel

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Buffalo is not like other teams. :/
But would the losing culture actually change, if you flip your best player for futures? Honestly I haven't followed the Sabres moves over the years. I just see that they handed out a few contracts to FA, which definitely don't help them. They overpaid both Okposo and Skinner and still handed out NMC/NTC. Even Johansson got a NTC on a two year contract. A lesson from other successful rebuilds should be, that you have to keep cap flexibility, until you are actually are a contender. Clustering the cap to get on the PO bubble sets you up for long term failure.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
But would the losing culture actually change, if you flip your best player for futures? Honestly I haven't followed the Sabres moves over the years. I just see that they handed out a few contracts to FA, which definitely don't help them. They overpaid both Okposo and Skinner and still handed out NMC/NTC. Even Johansson got a NTC on a two year contract. A lesson from other successful rebuilds should be, that you have to keep cap flexibility, until you are actually are a contender. Clustering the cap to get on the PO bubble sets you up for long term failure.

Like I wrote in the OP. This is dependent on him requesting a trade.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
The single most useless posters on hf boards, are the mod-wannabees who jump in to threads with the soul purpose to write "lock this".

Not sure why moderators don't suspend or ban these accounts.
No, the most useless are the attention seeking drama queens who post redundant, regurgitated threads that were posted on the same board, 1 or 2 pages back 3 to 4 days ago.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Disgruntled Buffalo fan here.

At this point I think that Eichel will request a trade soon, I bet he's sick of the constant losing and the management's inability to improve the roster.

Eichel is a top-10 center in the NHL, he' also young. He's worth the bank.

Would NJ do Hughes, Ty Smith, McLeod, Bratt & (unprotected) 1st for Eichel and McCabe?

Fair offer?

What is the best *your* team would offer? Only young players (U-23), prospects and picks are of interest. One has to be a player that has the potential to become a high-end #1 Center.
Canucks offer Boeser+Gaudette+Juolevi+Madden+Dipietro+3rd

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Whatever any team has to offer won't be enough for Buffalo anyway : they want to contend now and what teams could offer would be futures. BUF does not get better now by trading Eichel :)

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
No, the most useless are the attention seeking drama queens who post redundant, regurgitated threads that were posted on the same board, 1 or 2 pages back 3 to 4 days ago.

The last trade proposal with Eichel is 5 pages deep in this forum.

Also, I don't think you know the definition of "drama queen", but used it just to try to belittle someone.

I find it fascinating that people actuslly take time out of their days to go into threads in forums they don't like, only to act like a douce. It's interesting how some people "think". :)

Reactions: PortageTerrier

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Just ignore him. Anyone with any common sense knows Eichel isn’t available especially for any of these garbage offers.

It’s sad people constantly post offers for a franchise player offer their 3rd or 4th best asset and a collection of expendable pieces.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
The Rangers would be a team to try and load up and make a deal, but I don’t see him being dealt unless he requests it and he hasn’t so...

I won’t even try and throw 5 names at a board...

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The last trade proposal with Eichel is 5 pages deep in this forum.

Also, I don't think you know the definition of "drama queen", but used it just to try to belittle someone.

I find it fascinating that people actuslly take time out of their days to go into threads in forums they don't like, only to act like a douce. It's interesting how some people "think". :)

Why not bump it? It’s literally a few days old. The irony of you crapping on another poster for requesting a lock while yourself admittedly knowledgeable about this very topic just days ago is lost on no one

Last edited:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Nylander, Sandin, Robertson and a 2021 1st.

Hyman Matthews Marner
Kapanen Tavares Eichel.

Lol

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If he ever asks out, I don’t know if any teams would be willing to top an offer of something like Rantanen and Zadorov.

If he doesn’t request a trade this conversation isn’t worth having because they’d never trade him.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We’re not trading Eichel, period.

(In the event he asks for a trade, then it may be forced upon us, but that isn’t the discussion.)

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Not sure if you are trying to be funny but these posting add nothing to HF boards . They weren’t funny when Montreal fans seriously thought it was a good offer . It’s a sad world when fans don’t have something worth discussing to add to a conversation.

Jesus Christ dude. He just tried to make a little joke. Lighten up a little.

Reactions: Bluenatic

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Don't trade your captain. And if it ever came to it I don't think he'll go to another rebuilding situation.

I mean people are losing their minds with this franchise.

Eichel, Dahlin, Oloffson, and Skinner are fine building blocks.

Risto is a trade candidate and Buffalo could trade a draft pick to SEA to take Okposo.

Buffalo wants to win today but it's not going to happen today. They are a .500 team or slightly better and have needs to address. Those will continue to improve and this team will be a playoff team literally any season. In fact Buffalo has been the BEST NHL team in the first 2 months the past 2 seasons...they need a bit more veteran leadership and better depth. Goaltending is still not resolved, but there are some prospects in the pipieline.

Tl;dr Buffalo doesnt have to do anything. They're in a good spot.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Scenario: Lightning fail to win the Cup again

Eichel

for

Point
Killorn
Alex Barre-Boulet
1st 2020 TBL
1st 2020/21 VAN
1st 2021 TBL (condition: Vancouver makes the playoffs in 2020 and the Vancouver 2021 1st is not in the top-10)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Please close this thread.

Eichel going nowhere.

Eichel is going nowhere anytime soon but the thread should NOT be closed.

OP raises a valid issue.
At some pt player becomes disgusted and wants out.
It happens.
BUF needs to improve but I don't consider their situation quite that unfixable just yet.

Still hypothetical is appropriate.

And above all,
Freedom of speech over narrow mindedness due to excessive restriction

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Would like to extend courtesy to OP w/NYR suggestion, but can't immediately think of how far I go gutting the team necessary to get him that is not counterproductive

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I would think Buffalo would get a mint if Eichel were to be traded.

Maybe a shake up trade with the Ducks would be something to consider?

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
Scheifele + vesalainen + ...

buffalo says no to basically anything offered

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad