Proposal: Eichel to...

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
I think all teams clearly lose, but you have it backwards, if anything. How is Draisaitl+Larsson bad for Edmonton, but Barzal+Pulock good for NYI?!
From a ticket sales standpoint Eichel in NYC would be a draw. Eichel is still the best player in any proposal listed it's just EDM's cap would be hurting after obtaining another quality d-man.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
For Buffalo? I mean, if I'm them I'm not trading Eichel to begin with, but that isn't the point of the thread...I think it's pretty solid pieces:

#1 LD, signed to a good deal
Probable lottery pick
1C/2C (much more likely 2C) prospect
Veteran stop-gap to shelter CM

Lindholm is solid. But not nearly enough to tempt me to trade Eichel

Lottery pick is just that...a lottery.

Steele is an ok piece but again... not nearly enough to taking a risk on a prospect

Henrique is blah. Stop gap for who to be our #1 Franchise Center? I'm certainly not holding my breath for either Steele or Mitts to become that.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Not sure what's worse, wanting to trade Eichel or some of the trade proposals. WPG one is hella bad

Where did I say I wanted to trade Eichel?

I don't understand what's so hard to get. This is a trade forum where the whole idea is to propose trades and discuss player's value(s). It's not rocket science.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Big Eichel fan. He's made huge strides this year. But as objective as I can be as a Sabres fan ...

Eichel to Islanders for Barzal and Pulock. Yes

Eichel to Ottawa for Duchene (signed 4+ years), Batherson and Tkachuk. Yes

Eichel & 1st to Arizona for Keller and OEL. No

Eichel to Carolina for Aho and Pesce. Coin-flip.

Eichel to Winnepeg for Connor, Morrissey and Laine. Big yes.

Eichel to Edmonton for Draisaitl and Larsson. Coin-flip.

Think you're overrating our boy Jack a bit, OP. There's some serious talent coming back in most of those offers.

Don't worry about the criticism. Apart from confirmed trade news, this board is strictly for laughs.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Honestly think Buffalo says no to all of these except the Winnipeg one, and in that one Winnipeg says no.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
WPG proposal is abismal. They give up two top 6 wingers and a great young defensman for their likely 2C. Don’t get me wrong they need something better than Little in that spot, but at that price? Yeeeesh

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Where did I say I wanted to trade Eichel?

I don't understand what's so hard to get. This is a trade forum where the whole idea is to propose trades and discuss player's value(s). It's not rocket science.

Most of them = overvalue of Eichel, or undervaluing the other pieces. ARZ is the opposite though.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
IMO, the beneficiaries of this deal are;

NYI
CAR

Fringe teams are;

OTT
EDM

Teams who say no are;

ARZ
WPG

Honestly think Buffalo says no to all of these except the Winnipeg one, and in that one Winnipeg says no.

giphy.gif

Reactions: doublechili

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd love Eichel on the Canucks. That being said, moving Hughes (ok maybe not Hughes), Pettersson, Boeser or Horvat, or this year's first (we're hosting, so unless it's at the draft...) won't happen, even for him....leaving no pieces Buffalo would want for him.

And even with out my five piece long "we need to keep them" list, probably no from the Sabres.

Why are they trading him in this scenario? I'd be looking to trade anyone BUT him first, except maybe Dahlin.

Like these thought experiments are never constructive with out back ground and realism.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Honestly, for what he costs and what Eichel brings to the table (points/attitude) I wouldn't consider any of those trade from any of the other teams... I like Jack, but there are a lot of other players i'd break the bank to try and acquire before him.

Also that Ottawa trade is bad. Would rather keep the assets in trading Duchene + 2 potential top 6 forwards in Tkachuk/Batherson.. and that Winnipeg trade is also hilariously bad.

Last edited:

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
There's no way Buffalo trades Eichel. Even if Buffalo had a fleeting thought of trading Eichel, O'Reilly would still have to be here. Eichel's a Sabres for the next 8 years.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I am a fan of Buffalo and do like Eichel, but just for argument's sake and to spice things up, would these trades be of interest for either team(s)?

Eichel to Carolina for Aho and Pesce.

Do people feel that the difference between Aho and Eichel is a top 2 / top 4, very solid RHD, signed on a great contract through 2024? Aho is as good a goal scorer as Jack and their P/G is 0.9 vs. 0.82 for their careers. That's about a 7 point difference over an 82 game schedule.

I can't see the Canes doing this at all. (and I realize this is all hypothetical as the Sabres won't move Eichel).

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
I am a fan of Buffalo and do like Eichel, but just for argument's sake and to spice things up, would these trades be of interest for either team(s)?

Eichel to Islanders for Barzal and Pulock.

Eichel to Ottawa for Duchene (signed 4+ years), Batherson and Tkachuk.

Eichel & 1st to Arizona for Keller and OEL.

Eichel to Carolina for Aho and Pesce.

Eichel to Winnepeg for Connor, Morrissey and Laine.

Eichel to Edmonton for Draisaitl and Larsson.

Which teams is favored in these trades? Which one has the best equal value?

I'm just curious... What is your logic at all behind the Winnipeg trade?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm just curious... What is your logic at all behind the Winnipeg trade?

Logic is for Sabres to trade away their only 1st line center for some wingers and a dman ...while Winnipeg trades away their winger core and dman so they can have 2 elite centers to pass to nobody

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad