Proposal: Eichel to...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Sabres wouldn't trade Eichel for Barzal & Pulock? Explain please..

Eichel was just named captain of the team..is face of franchise and signed for 8 more years.

Not to mention that the guy is having a breakout year and still has a huge potential for getting even better. Sky is the limit with this guy with his athletic ability and skills.

Barzal is a beast and is going to be a top player in this league ... Pulock is a good young promising D but I dont see him as a #1... We have Risto, Dahlin and Pilut who will all contribute offensively as Pulock does...he isnt needed.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Eichel was just named captain of the team..is face of franchise and signed for 8 more years.

Not to mention that the guy is having a breakout year and still has a huge potential for getting even better. Sky is the limit with this guy with his athletic ability and skills.

Barzal is a beast and is going to be a top player in this league ... Pulock is a good young promising D but I dont see him as a #1... We have Risto, Dahlin and Pilut who will all contribute offensively as Pulock does...he isnt needed.

Yikes....

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
The Sabres aren’t trading Eichel and no team with a quality 1C is going to trade him along with a quality 1D for a slight upgrade at one of those positions.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton definitely needs another center with a high cap hit. We have the depth after Larsson to easily accommodate this request.

Who wouldn’t love a RD collection of Benning, Petrovic and Manning.

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
I am a fan of Buffalo and do like Eichel, but just for argument's sake and to spice things up, would these trades be of interest for either team(s)?

Eichel to Islanders for Barzal and Pulock.

Eichel to Ottawa for Duchene (signed 4+ years), Batherson and Tkachuk.

Eichel & 1st to Arizona for Keller and OEL.

Eichel to Carolina for Aho and Pesce.

Eichel to Winnepeg for Connor, Morrissey and Laine.

Eichel to Edmonton for Draisaitl and Larsson.

Which teams is favored in these trades? Which one has the best equal value?
IMO, the beneficiaries of this deal are;

NYI
CAR

Fringe teams are;

OTT
EDM

Teams who say no are;

ARZ
WPG

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
IMO, the beneficiaries of this deal are;

NYI
CAR

Fringe teams are;

OTT
EDM

Teams who say no are;

ARZ
WPG
Neither Carolina or NYI benefit.

The difference between Aho and Eichel isn't really much anymore. Maybe in hype only. If Aho were drafted in the top 10 and played in a larger market, this proposal would rightly be laughed at.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Classic scenario of Buffalo only wanting to trade said player if the deal is a massive overpayment.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t see how anyone benefits from these trades. Buffalo can’t lose their superstar. Those teams can’t gut their roster for Eichel.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
As a sens fan I would not do this deal if I knew that Duchene would sign an extension wouldnt even think twice about it. Batherson and Tkachuk are both going to be top 6 wingers for a long time. If I know Duchene is not signing an extension id probably do it.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Not sure what's worse, wanting to trade Eichel or some of the trade proposals. WPG one is hella bad

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
That's gross

For Buffalo? I mean, if I'm them I'm not trading Eichel to begin with, but that isn't the point of the thread...I think it's pretty solid pieces:

#1 LD, signed to a good deal
Probable lottery pick
1C/2C (much more likely 2C) prospect
Veteran stop-gap to shelter CM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->