Speculation: Eichel Megathread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Seems like a lot of petty considerations that have to do with anything but moving forward with trying to put together a winning team. But par for the course for the sabres I guess.

I don't see them getting a Beniers level prospect for Eichel between him being disgruntled and the surgery issue if that's what they firmly want. At some point they need to support their young players and put together a winning environment even if they miss out on Bedard and all the drama that would come with him wanting out if the org remains the same

The whole reason they want to hold out for a good return and not a pile of “they aren’t bad” guys is to surround the young players with better talent.

Sorry if it makes you sad, but the Bruins are highly unlikely to offer up the best package for Eichel.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
The whole reason they want to hold out for a good return and not a pile of “they aren’t bad” guys is to surround the young players with better talent.

Sorry if it makes you sad, but the Bruins are highly unlikely to offer up the best package for Eichel.

So far it doesn't seem like anyone else is either.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I mean he's been doing this for a few weeks now no? Not sure what this proves, he still needs surgery.

Needs surgery and I’ve still yet to see him play in a nhl game post surgery and be hit hard a couple times. Let’s see his reaction to that when it happens every couple days for the full season.

Not sure why people keep posting vids of him simply skating.

Reactions: Speedtrials

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Needs surgery and I’ve still yet to see him play in a nhl game post surgery and be hit hard a couple times. Let’s see his reaction to that when it happens every couple days for the full season.

I mean he did break a rib last season just shooting the puck in practice, this proves he can at least take two shots without re-injuring himself… trade value to the moon! :sarcasm:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
It's insane that he was so bad at managing and the team sucked but he was fired for not obeying

Fiction :

Botterill: "I need to trade Jack Eichel before the draft"

Pegula: "No you aren't. “We sign Hall and show Eichel that we're trying to win the Cup.” "

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It's insane that he was so bad at managing and the team sucked but he was fired for not obeying

That's the Pegulas for ya

Yeah....sadly it looks like the days of spending to the cap and having a fully staffed front office are over for Buffalo. Now are the days of flirting with the cap floor and scaled down scouting department

That signing and the Staal trade was 100% an attempt at giving the core 1 last chance

I mean, I actually think Terry and Kevyn got bamboozled a bit by Krueger as to the state of the team. Krueger would maintain that the team was SO close to contending to anyone that would listen. And if you listen to Terry and Kim's post season presser, they would talk about how they felt the team was close and they "Saw things that most fans don't see". Go back to 2020 trade deadline where Botterill actually ADDED a pending UFA in Simmonds despite the fact they were almost certainly out it (They promptly lost like 7 straight after the trade deadline), it was mind boggling.

The Staal trade and Hall signing was them listening to Krueger's assessment of the team.

The Super cap floor team? That's the Pegula's attempt to cut their losses.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Eichel's on his 3rd GM and it's looks worse than ever, and now the surgery dispute, and Sabres fans are hating on him for wanting out
I am not hating on Eichel at all.I think he is a Supreme talent that has no leadership qualities at all.The Sabres have done Everything to make him happy other than getting horrible coaching.I think they finally have a good coach and staff. Eichel us someone who pouts when things don't go his way on the ice.Now in having said that lots of pressure has been put on the kid and so far gas not faking his team anywhere.So he wants out which is fine and quite frankly I want him gone but not giving him away. I think this latest episode shows the person he is and it's sad.Wish him all the best Hopefully he goes to a team where can just play hockey and not be the leader. This all my opinion from watching every game he has played

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Exactly. We need at least one future potential top 6 given up for our current elite star.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

The videos clearly show that he is alive and well. Are they bothering you as they don’t fit your narrative?? I still stand by my view that he doesn’t necessarily need the surgery and or at least the timing of it.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
The videos clearly show that he is alive and well. Are they bothering you as they don’t fit your narrative?? I still stand by my view that he doesn’t necessarily need the surgery and or at least the timing of it.

Sorry… can you tell me what my narrative is? All I’m saying is I want to see Eichel post surgery play for a full season lol. Especially considering the offer that Adams is asking. These small videos of him simply skating show me no reason to even consider his asking price.

I won’t comment on if he needs surgery or not. I’ll leave that to the docs. But it sounds like he needs some form of it.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Sorry… can you tell me what my narrative is? All I’m saying is I want to see Eichel post surgery play for a full season lol. Especially considering the offer that Adams is asking. These small videos of him simply skating show me no reason to even consider his asking price.

I won’t comment on if he needs surgery or not. I’ll leave that to the docs. But it sounds like he needs some form of it.
Jack is trying to get traded out of Buffalo before he does anything. I’ll admit I’m wrong if he has surgery. Sabres physicians want to see how he healed with rest. Maybe it has worked?Something about this whole situation stinks and the Sabres are buying it.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Thinking he doesn't need surgery after the post from his agent earlier this week is pretty conspiracy level stuff. The injury doesn't paralyze him, he can still function, just very likely is in a fair amount of discomfort and probably can't play full contact.
I am going with the conspiracy theory stuff. 100%

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Jack is trying to get traded out of Buffalo before he does anything. I’ll admit I’m wrong if he has surgery. Sabres physicians want to see how he healed with rest. Maybe it has worked?Something about this whole situation stinks and the Sabres are buying it.
He already wanted a trade out. He's using this injury sour grapes to force it.

Reactions: Jacob582
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->