Speculation: Eichel Megathread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
When Buffalo trade Eichel they will be way under the cap floor even still having to sign RFA Dahlin.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Without knowing specifics around what teams have actually offered to date and what conversations have been like lately, we don't really know what to expect.

People saying waiting is the right way or making a move sooner rather than later are just guesses.
This whole situation is a mess, which is why I would hope the goal is to resolve this before the season so next year becomes a transition year

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
You're not disputing anything I said.

I said a small chance 10%-15% of it returning. That does mean most won't have it return.

Although, COVID-related myocarditis is a new thing and it's long term impact is unknown.

There is a risk with Rossi.

youre really fighting this one huh... you do realize covid IS a virus, right? viral myocarditis is no new thing.

myocarditis is a reaction to an infection in the body. once the virus is gone, as long as theres no scarring (which can be determined before being cleared for activity), everything goes back to normal...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I do wonder if the Eichel camp making the statement does help Adams in a weird way.

Some Teams/GM’ around the league are saying “wow what a terrible situation, if my player did that to me I’d dig my heels in just out of anger/spite/principle”. So they resize that Adams is at a breaking point that he’s willing to let Eichel basically rot. If someone wants him, they’ll have to pay at least very close to asking price.

Reactions: TommyDangles

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
youre really fighting this one huh... you do realize covid IS a virus, right? viral myocarditis is no new thing.

I think it's funny how Wild fans think there is no risk involved at all. A guy that had a very scary encounter with COVID and missed a good 6 months of development.

You realize we don't know the long term impact COVID has on people right?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I think it's funny how Wild fans think there is no risk involved at all. A guy that had a very scary encounter with COVID and missed a good 6 months of development.

You realize we don't know the long term impact COVID has on people right?

Ya, youre right, we will probably all implode in two years....

But look on the plus side, eichels neck wont matter much then.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I do wonder if the Eichel camp making the statement does help Adams in a weird way.

Some Teams/GM’ around the league are saying “wow what a terrible situation, if my player did that to me I’d dig my heels in just out of anger/spite/principle”. So they resize that Adams is at a breaking point that he’s willing to let Eichel basically rot. If someone wants him, they’ll have to pay at least very close to asking price.
Marty Biron has said from the get go that he believe Eichel will be with the Sabres till the trade deadline and that they need full value. I'm starting to agree and allow the procedure asap. (assuming we know all the details - Sabres physicians may know more!)

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
You're not disputing anything I said.

I said a small chance 10%-15% of it returning. That does mean most won't have it return.

Although, COVID-related myocarditis is a new thing and it's long term impact is unknown.

There is a risk with Rossi.

If you're going to do this, at least try to do it right. You appear to be cherry picking stats from a study at the top of the Google page from 2014 that has nothing to do with covid related myocarditis and is in fact acute myocarditis. And you are (again) missing the important follow up:

Conclusions: Acute myocarditis reoccurs in a significant proportion of patients. Prolonged initial admission, ventricular arrhythmias, younger age, inflammatory bowel disease and chronic pulmonary disease are associated with recurrences at different phases after acute myocarditis.

You are officially making s$$t up at this point but you do you.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Marty Biron has said from the get go that he believe Eichel will be with the Sabres till the trade deadline and that they need full value. I'm starting to agree and allow the procedure asap. (assuming we know all the details - Sabres physicians may know more!)

I doubt the Sabres want Eichel to be back in that locker room. Need to keep him away from the young guys.

Reactions: bleedblue94

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
If you're going to do this, at least try to do it right. You appear to be cherry picking stats from a study at the top of the Google page from 2014 that has nothing to do with covid related myocarditis and is in fact acute myocarditis. And you are (again) missing the important follow up:

Conclusions: Acute myocarditis reoccurs in a significant proportion of patients. Prolonged initial admission, ventricular arrhythmias, younger age, inflammatory bowel disease and chronic pulmonary disease are associated with recurrences at different phases after acute myocarditis.

You are officially making s$$t up at this point but you do you.

The Wild fans downplaying his health issues is kind of weird.

Recognizing COVID-19–related myocarditis: The possible pathophysiology and proposed guideline for diagnosis and management

"The long-term impact of COVID-19 myocarditis, including the majority of mild cases, remains unknown."

That's the thing. We don't know anything about the long term impact COVID-related myocarditis. It's pretty scary. Acute myocarditis has a 10%-15% chance of coming back. Rossi had a very serious case. Almost died. I'd be worry about his health in the long term. Hopefully he'll be ok.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
When Buffalo trade Eichel they will be way under the cap floor even still having to sign RFA Dahlin.

not if it’s a cap neutral trade.

thrm signing Dahlin on a bridge, mittlestadt, and Jokiharju puts them at minimum $62M which I think is above the cap floor. If th sun Dahlin to a higher/ longer contract they will have room to play with.

Reactions: Iwishihadaspacebar

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
not if it’s a cap neutral trade.

thrm signing Dahlin on a bridge, mittlestadt, and Jokiharju puts them at minimum $62M which I think is above the cap floor. If th sun Dahlin to a higher/ longer contract they will have room to play with.

It is insane to think that if they end up around the $62m mark, they'll have nearly 25% of their cap taken up by Jeff Skinner and Kyle Okposo.

Reactions: Jacob582

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
I don’t think Boston has the assets they’re looking for based on everything we’ve heard. But I do have an issue with this statement, Boston is one of a long list of teams that could use a Center like Jack. Montreal needs one to pair with Suzuki to start competing now while price is still around. Minnesota needs one to build around, NYR have literally drafted top 2 wingers 2 years in a row. I’d argue that sentence is your own wishful thinking as opposed to anything else.

Suzuki is already Montreal's Eichel. Not as good but they don't compliment each other. It would be Matthews Tavares all over again. Reinhart would have been a better fit for them at both role and salary. New York is close to capped out and probably would lean towards resigning Zibanejad. Having Eichel/Zibanejad take up 20 million bledds the roster elsewhere and isn't very balanced either.

Boston is perfect because there's no better complement to Bergeron out there and vice versa. Young offensive 1C with one of the most venerated two way veteran 2Cs at an affordable cap hit

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
I highly doubt that Adams takes a handful of good players/prospects for Eichel.

He needs to get one top notch prospect/23 or younger NHLer that has 1st line upside (preferably a center) and a 1st round pick as the centerpiece to the deal.

The Bruins don't have that kind of prospect/young NHLer.

Plus, there is the whole "Terry Pegula wants Eichel moved out West" and the "I'm in control" angle where I don't see the Sabres sending Eichel to a team that has been a historical rival, a division opponent, and the team that Eichel wants to go to. Especially given how Eichel and his agents have handled things with Eichel's end of season zoom call and what they pulled last week.

With where things are, I would expect that Boston would have to come over the top with a package that was too good to refuse. And I don't see them being willing, or even having, the players that would rise to that level.

Seems like a lot of petty considerations that have to do with anything but moving forward with trying to put together a winning team. But par for the course for the sabres I guess.

I don't see them getting a Beniers level prospect for Eichel between him being disgruntled and the surgery issue if that's what they firmly want. At some point they need to support their young players and put together a winning environment even if they miss out on Bedard and all the drama that would come with him wanting out if the org remains the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad